Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

I am so happy to find this forum. I am new to quilting, and I am totally lost I am from Fort Smith, Arkansas. I have been surfing the net non stop for 3 weeks now and I am just as lost as when I decided to learn to quilt. I decided my first project is a Disney Cars quilt for my grandson, and I don't have a clue where to begin. I can't find a pattern anywhere. I am getting very frustrated to say the least. I have read some of your posts and you all seem so very nice oh and very talented. Wondering if I will ever begin my first quilt much less one as beautiful as the ones posted here. I hope to get to know the people here and make some wonderful friends.
    Take care
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Hi Judy, and welcome to the board from Southern California! There are quite a few tutorials for beginners, or maybe look at plugging in to your local quilt shop if there is one nearby, and see about taking a beginners class. That would get you on. our way. Or pick up a beginners quite to quilting, maybe you can even find one from someone here on the board. Of course, you will always get help here if you ask!!

Hi Jill so glad to meet you. There is a local shop, but they wont start any classes until after the first of the year. I want to start that quilt two weeks ago lol if you know what I mean. I want a simple one with blocks. Sigh...... I know I will get there sooner or later but I have looked all over the net and getting very discouraged. It will get better I know. And thanks so much for your wonderful welcome!
    Judy

Judy,
    WELCOME this a great board of ladies for tips/techniques, questions, and lots of laughs! Be sure and join in on one of the swaps when you feel you can! I see your screen name is texasbreezie, so do you live in TX now or before AK? Just asking as I too live in TX, int he DFW area. Wanted to know if you were close by and could join my sit -n- sew group. Have a good day.
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Power Poster
    Hi from Ohio!
    SueDor

Hello from Indiana. Welcome to the board. You'll love it here.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY

Welcome from Michigan!

Power Poster
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada. A valuable resource are Jenny Doan's YouTube videos for the Missouri Star Quilt co. You can follow along watching her on a simple project like a table runner to get started. A good pattern when you have a nice big print that you want to be visible is Warm Wishes. It is a big block of the focal fabric alternating with a block of strips. If you go to the Picture section of QB, you can view some fine examples of Warm Wishes pattern in the Quilt Gallery.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from NE Ohio.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast