Hi Everyone

Old 12-06-2006, 04:13 AM

Just joined the group..and to Say Hi to all You quilters...My Name Is Bev, I like to quilt when i can. I love paper peicing!!
:) I'm working on a pineapple Now..I learned Myself, and what I got here on the net..so, hope to hear from some of you....Bev
Old 12-06-2006, 06:32 AM

Hi, nice to meet ya. I thought I was one of the few that learned quilting myself, but this board has sure changed that thought! It is fun though, even learning. Again nice to meet you. Donna Rae
Old 12-06-2006, 07:59 AM

Nice to meet you DonnaRae
Yes, I watched my Grandmother sew when I was little, and I thought..WOW...and Now all these years later My grandaughter is wanting me to teach her...Infact I am teaching her to work on a yo-yo quilt...She is learning..which a Yo-Yo quilt is realy not a quilt..but it's lovely laying on a bed...I am no pro..but i love Fabric and all this new stuff they have out..Like the Quilt in a day shows I like Eleanor Burns..But I'm glad I have some place noe to come to ask questions... :mrgreen: i am always learning...
Old 12-06-2006, 08:30 AM

WOW a yo yo quilt, how big? It takes a while with yo yo's unless they are realy big yo yo's. Well I think it will be easier for her to learn with you teaching her. I sure she is glad you are! Have fun.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:38 AM

Hi Bev, I just joined the group this morning also!! My name is Hanna and i love to hand quilt, I am working on coasters for the girls at work. Christmas is creeping up on me!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:39 AM

Hi DonnaRae.... I learned to quilt myself also!!!! I watched alot of Alex Anderson on TV when I wasnt working and started from there!!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:05 AM

Ha Hanna & Donna!! yes, it takes alot of yo-yo's donna..I use a Discs DVD that come in the mail for my Pattern yo yo's..and after it's sewn, it is about 2 inches..something to do when watching Desperate Housewives..He He..or Day's of our Lives...LOL...and Hanna them coasters sound like a good X-mas Gift........
Old 12-06-2006, 09:10 AM

Yeah, I have yo yo's all over the house. A couple of months ago my husband and I went to Alaska (He is from there, we live in SC) and during the trip on flight I made even more yo yo's. Don't know what I will ever do with them. Hey I will send them to your grand daughter. They are two inches also. HEE HEE. Then maybe someday that quilt will be made. :wink:
Old 12-06-2006, 10:02 AM

Hi Bev, I'm also teaching my granddaughter to quilt. She's 8 years old so she doesn't have a long attention span, but she's really excited about learning. She pieced a small wall hanging that she's quilting now. Next we are going to start on crazy quilt blocks for another wall hanging. How old is your granddaughter?

Minda
Old 01-05-2008, 08:24 AM

Welcome Hanna and Bev:
How nice to meet you. I think you are going to love this site as there are so many knowledgeable quilters who are so willing to help in anyway they can. They provide a whole quilt education at your finger tips. Please remember to share your quilts with the rest of us by posting pictures of your work. We all get inspired, fired up and motivated by what everyone else is doing.

Glad you joined us and I'm looking forward to seeing more of you on the "Net."
Feathers