Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi, I am new to this. >

Hi, I am new to this.

Hi, I am new to this.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:45 PM

Hi, my name is Terry. I am 43 yrs and mother of 4 children. I have 3 daughters 25, 17, 10 and a son 23. My son is in Iraq right now. I quilt to relax and enjoy myself. Although it is becoming a bad habit that I can't walk away from. I have a Boston Terrier - George(2 yrs old) and a German Shepard - Sheba (8 yrs old) . I also have a Guinea pig -Fuzzy. I live in Pennsylvania, close to a lot of Amish. They make beautiful hand made quilts. I would love to meet lots of other quilters and hear what keeps them quilting too.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM

Welcome Terry! I am Barb C. Live in MS with my husband.. our dd, 19, and ds, 15. No pets right now.. we had to have our 14 (almost 15) year old dachshund put down in May. We are just now starting to look for a new fur baby to love.

I started quilting 3 years ago and am totally addicted. My dd and I learned together... self-taught. She doesn't have the bug like her ole Mom.. although she did make me a quilt for Christmas this past year. Last fall my hubby decided to try his hand at a quilt and he is so hooked!

I believe you will love it here... you will find great advice, encouragement and ideas with all the quilters here.

Barb C,
Old 08-03-2007, 04:00 PM

hi terry, welcome lots of fun here ,good quilting advice, and lots of new friends to make. tia sarah
Old 08-03-2007, 04:04 PM

Hi Terry! I am Heather, I live in WV. I recently married my highschool sweetheart- November 18,2006 and have been very happily married since. I started sewing when I was a little girl and have since. My mother in law taught me how to quilt a couple of years ago and how to embroider. I have a Jack Russel who is 1 year old (Milo), a Collie (Rebel) who is about 10 years, a Yellow Lab (Sam) who just turned 5 this July. My rebel and my lab stay at my mom's house. They lived their while I had them and I couldn't bear to take them away from their home when I moved. Before I start blabbing too much, lol, I just wanted to welcome you to the board. Feel free to post any pictures you have of your projects. We sure like seeing everyone else's creations. :D
Old 08-03-2007, 04:31 PM

Hi Terry, my name is Nancy and live in N. Calif., been quilting 6 years now. Love it, along w/gardening it keeps me sane. Welcome to the forum, the quilters here are the best, friendly and helpfu.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:04 PM
lin

Hi Terry. I'm lin and I'm a 58yrold mom to 4 (37 down to 22) and grandma to 12 (19 down to 2). Quilting is my passion. I believe that the creative process helps keep my mind sharp, and my stress level low. I sew for fun, to relax, to challenge myself, to spend quality time with friends who share my passion, and because my kids would kill me if I ever quit making quilts!! :lol:

I'm glad you're joining us. This is a great group of women, so enjoy! :)
Oh, and I've been quilting for nearly 16 yrs.

I keep having to edit...I forgot how long I've been at this. It's late...LOL
Old 08-03-2007, 08:08 PM

Hi Terry! Glad you joined us here. Used to live in Somerset just down from Lancaster Co.! Beautiful there, especially in the fall. We love to talk and share on here so it won't take long for you to be a part of the family. :D
Old 08-07-2007, 08:20 AM

Hi Terry,
My name is Denise. I have been quilting for about 2 years so I still have a lot to learn. I love quilting but have not done any for a little while. I plan to start quilting again in the fall.
I live in Massachusetts and have a 21 year old daughter. She lives at home with her 2 daschunds Baxter, and Bailey. I have a cockatiel named Spike. I look forward to finding ideas from the message board.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:50 AM

Welcome Terry. I have noticed that several of us have loved ones in Iraq. My son is there for the 2nd time. First time in 2002 for a year, and already over a year this time, hopefully home in November. It's been terrible on his little family. Bless ALL the servicemen and women. Quilting is great, tho! Sara
Old 08-07-2007, 09:57 AM

Gosh TerryS maybe you could get a large frame and ask the kids to work with you. Are any of them into quilting? They use to hang a large frame from the ceiling of my grandparent’s house attached to eye-hooks and pulleys. They’d bring it down and the women in the family would have a field day quilting and socializing, then just roll and lift it back up.

Personally I'm new at this, but it's relaxing and helps ease the 'human condition' living in LA.