Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New New New- look for reviews (if any)

New New New- look for reviews (if any)

Hi all,

I am very interested in Octihoops. Has anyone seen/used them. I can't find many reviews other than those on their own website and they are a little pricey not to get the opinions of real everyday quilters.
    Thank you in advance for anything you can offer.

I just watched a video of the hoops and I would love to have them if they are as easy as they look!!
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

I just watched the hoop video. It sounds interesting and they make some interesting claims about needle usage and not using feet when quilting. I'm holding off on ordering the hoops, but I did order their Satinedge foot to try for 1/4" seams and thread. I also found a 20% off coupon - CF1020. I'll be interested to hear from anyone who has tried the hoops.

Would like a link to the video!
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Ditto to a link to look at the hoops.

Blog Entries
    I watched the video and read the descriptions. It seems the main thing is fusing interfacing to the quilt top. I have done this before using Misty Fuse and not using a hoop. If anyone has theses hoops please post about them.

google octi hoop for the website and video.
    Got fabric?

These do sound interesting
    Amythyst

Personally, I wouldn't spend the money. It looks like it would "work" if you were doing a single block but I can't see doing a whole quilt with it. You'll notice how she keeps changing the positions of the pegs and sometimes the position of the block. But, if you have the money and want to try it, I say go for it.

Blog Entries
    Ditto. Link, please?
    Judy

Looks like more trouble than anything else to me! I don't need another gadget...article says it releases endorphins? Really? Sounds like magic beans! LOL

Seen the advert...seems nice...I believe what stop me was the price...to costly for me...

Blog Entries
    I do have October hoops. I purchased because I was having a wrist operation and was in the middle of a double wedding ring quilt. I stopped using the pegs early as one handed too difficult. Problem is watching how lose the foot goes to the edge after A while you do seem to adjust and not knock so often. I found it very useful as my problem was holding fabric to quilt anyone way. I also have a red ring which does the same job holds fabric flat while you quilt but it is too small. The size of the hoop is determined by the size of the throat of your ,Annie if you think about it.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't spend the money. It looks like it would "work" if you were doing a single block but I can't see doing a whole quilt with it. You'll notice how she keeps changing the positions of the pegs and sometimes the position of the block. But, if you have the money and want to try it, I say go for it.
    I agree. I saw it demonstrated at the lancaster show. I do a A LOT of free motion quilting, and I thought it was way over priced! But if you have the money ....