Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Nancy, and I'd like to introduce myself >

Hi, I'm Nancy, and I'd like to introduce myself

Hi, I'm Nancy, and I'd like to introduce myself

Old 03-08-2008, 07:37 AM

Hi, I'm Nancy, and I live in Campbell River, BC Canada. I've been quilting for only three years, but have been sewing since I was a teen. I came to BC only 4 years ago from New Brunswick when I married my soul mate, and I love it here. I'm a receptionist for a logging company by day and a quilter the rest of the time! I have a daughter, 25, and a son, 22, who are both on the East Coast, but my son is soon coming out to live in Whistler again. I'll be glad to have him on this coast!

I have become a quilting addict, and I've always got one on the go. To date I have made over 30 quilts of varying sizes from small wall-hanging to king size, and I love them all! Most of them have been given away, but to me, that's the beauty of making them. Others enjoy them as much as I do!

This pic is taken in the kitchen, but it's not my kitchen! It's one of my husband's relatives....just to clarify....My kitchen is nice, but not that nice!
I'm so glad to have found a forum with others who share my passion, and I look forward to chatting with all of you in the quilter's chatroom! See you there!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53157.jpe   attachment-53352.jpe   attachment-53419.jpe  
Old 03-08-2008, 07:48 AM

Welcome Nancy, from another Nancy. You will love it here, everyone is very helpful and friendly.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:55 AM

Hi and welcome. Your name and town caught my eye, my mom's name is Nancy and I grew up in Powell River and have been to Campbell River many times. I love that area too, but I live in Vancouver now.

I joined less than a year ago, but love it here.

Your quilts are gorgeous, and I love your kitchen.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:57 AM

Welcome Nancy!! And, whose kitchen are you standing in??:))For it really can't be a 'quilter's kitchen'...for we are busy quilting!:))You will have a great time here! Sneak in to the chat room to say hi if you can-always exciting to hear what everyone is working on:)). Welcome! Welcome! Skeat from Missouri
Old 03-08-2008, 08:07 AM

Thanks ladies, for your kind words....I better clear that up right now, that isn't my kitchen! It is the kitchen of one of my husband's relatives, but it's lovely, isn't it?
Old 03-08-2008, 08:10 AM

Nice to meet you, Cynde! You're practically a neighbor! Like I said in my other reply, I wish that was my kitchen, but it's not.....lol....but mine is almost that nice! :) I'll see you in the chatroom!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:14 AM
bj

Hi Nancy. Welcome on board. We have several folks from Canada. I'm closer to the other border in Texas. Your quilts are lovely. I too give my stuff away. I don't have one thing out of the many I've made that I've kept for myself, except a purse :) ! But I get an awful lot of joy giving them to others.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:27 AM

That's great! I find everyone loves to receive a quilt, especially people who don't sew! I have kept a few, but I think I've just about reached my quota. Eventually all my friends will have one.....whether they want one or not! LOL
Old 03-08-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi from the side of Canada.. I'm here in St. John's, Newfoundland. I have never been to BC but never say never!!!

I did live in NS for a few years, and have spent some time driving through NB and camping in Bay of Fundy National Park. I love your quilts they are beautiful!!

Cheers
Andrea
Old 03-08-2008, 10:53 AM

Welcome Nancy! :) Love the quilts:)