Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm thrilled to have found this amazing forum. >

Hi, I'm thrilled to have found this amazing forum.

Hi, I'm thrilled to have found this amazing forum.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:36 PM

I found out about this through an Email a user sent telling me that someone in this forum told her about my "shop." She wrote saying that she has been in Valdosta for two years and didn 't know about me. That's OK, she does now thanks to one of you out there. Oh My! I just can't slow down doing what I truly love and I don't have to explain that to any of you. It's so good to be here. My picture is virtual my latest McCall's published quilt. We sold out of kit in the original fabric so this one is another beautiful collection.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

Welcome!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:31 PM

Welcome Dorothy Ann, glad you found us also. Love your quilt.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:45 PM

Thank you Terri for your welcome note. You have such a happy countenace on your face, you just finished a quilt didn't you? This is better than Face Book.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:47 PM

Thank you CarrieAnne. We have a cat, Adrian. He thinks he's a person. Do I see a dog there in your picture that thinks the same?
Old 08-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Google Goddess

Welcome, waving from Indiana.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Louisiana!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:24 PM

Oops! This laptop is way too excitable, I never know what I've punched or pushed that makes it send before I'm ready. Where was I? Oh, my shop. I have enough fabric that I impress anyone who hasn't seen it already and many ask why I don't open an real shop. In truth, I have had a shop, it was a Stained Glass business in San Marcus, Texas in the '80's. My husband looked me straight in the eye and said NO when I asked if I could just open one for a year! He knows me, and wanted me to do what I'm doing, I didn't see a way that this amazing thing could happen, but it did. I'm okay with not having a real shop and I know now that I wouldn't have the time. I am a little concerned that the weight of all those bolts might cause the right wing of our second story to end up in the kitchen area below. My quilting friends come and people find me one way or another; they come to buy fabric or just visit. I have a website, http://peacebypiecing.com, but mostly I design quilts and have been extremely blessed to have several published in McCall's Quilting magazine, one in Fons and Porter's Easy Quilts, two free online patterns, P&B Textiles and Maywood Studios. Also, several have gone to market including a Block of the Month with P&B. That was a long answer to a short request, the real truth is, I don't know how to do that, I just moved in and need some guidance.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:29 PM

Okay, I'm the new one here and have no idea if the lengthy reply I wrote reached you. Please let me know if I did it right the first time.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:29 PM

Hello from North Carolina!