Hi

Old 11-06-2015, 08:32 AM

Default Hi

My name is Louise. I live in Houston, TX with my husband, 6 toy dogs and 1 cat. I retired at 63 from 26 years of retail due to chronic health problems. I am now 67.

I quilted a long time ago until I started doing counted cross stitch. Some years ago I donated a small fortune worth of fabric, templates and other quilting supplies to a local thrift store thinking I would not use them again. Then one day I realized I could no longer cross stitch due to my vision so off to the thrift store went a small fortune worth of cross stitch supplies. In my lifetime I think I have tried every needlework and craft known to man!

Since my early retirement I have done almost no needlework at all. My disabled husband has not worked in years and finding another job seems unlikely. We are on a very limited budget at this point in time.

I have a few quilting supplies that I kept and a small amount of special fabric that I couldn't bear to part with for one reason or another. I also have a as of yet unused Brother Project Runway embroidery/sewing machine and lots of embroidery thread.

With Christmas coming, I decided to try my hand at quilting once again. I have been watching YouTube quilting videos and have collected some interesting patterns from across the Internet. I joined this forum to get some ideas and help in getting started again.

I hope to learn a lot here from so many talented and knowlegable members. Thanks for letting me join!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 AM

A warm welcome from western ky. Lots of ideas here and so much wonderful help, a lovely group of people
Old 11-06-2015, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Waving a big hello and welcome from Washington!
Old 11-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

Hello from Southern California. Lucky you, Quilt Festival is in your backyard. I hope you find as much inspiration as I do from this site.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:50 AM

Welcome from Vermont!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:08 AM

Welcome from Maryland back into the quilting world. What kind of quilts would you enjoy making? What's your style? Favorite colors?
Old 11-06-2015, 02:38 PM

Welcome from Arizona
Old 11-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
Old 11-06-2015, 03:39 PM

Welcome. If you've quilted before, it'll come back to you. This is a good place to learn, too, so you have come to the right place!