Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 08:32 AM
LousPeachy

Default Hi

My name is Louise. I live in Houston, TX with my husband, 6 toy dogs and 1 cat. I retired at 63 from 26 years of retail due to chronic health problems. I am now 67.

I quilted a long time ago until I started doing counted cross stitch. Some years ago I donated a small fortune worth of fabric, templates and other quilting supplies to a local thrift store thinking I would not use them again. Then one day I realized I could no longer cross stitch due to my vision so off to the thrift store went a small fortune worth of cross stitch supplies. In my lifetime I think I have tried every needlework and craft known to man!

Since my early retirement I have done almost no needlework at all. My disabled husband has not worked in years and finding another job seems unlikely. We are on a very limited budget at this point in time.

I have a few quilting supplies that I kept and a small amount of special fabric that I couldn't bear to part with for one reason or another. I also have a as of yet unused Brother Project Runway embroidery/sewing machine and lots of embroidery thread.

With Christmas coming, I decided to try my hand at quilting once again. I have been watching YouTube quilting videos and have collected some interesting patterns from across the Internet. I joined this forum to get some ideas and help in getting started again.

I hope to learn a lot here from so many talented and knowlegable members. Thanks for letting me join!