Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Lots of quilters with dogs >

Lots of quilters with dogs

Lots of quilters with dogs

Old 10-27-2010, 02:54 AM

I have 2 Shetland Sheepdogs that love to be where ever I am
Old 10-27-2010, 03:22 AM

The dog in my avatar is my dear departed T-Bone. I have a 9 year old beagle (Buddy)who was just diagnosed with cancer. And I have an 8 month old lab female named Andie who is the dog from h***. But we love her dearly.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
The dog in my avatar is my dear departed T-Bone. I have a 9 year old beagle (Buddy)who was just diagnosed with cancer. And I have an 8 month old lab female named Andie who is the dog from h***. But we love her dearly.
andie is probably a relative of my chula..

:wink:

i am so sorry buddy has cancer..my thought s are with oyu and your baby..
Old 10-27-2010, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
I love reading everyone's posts and have noticed that lots of quilters are using their dogs as their avatars. How many dogs do you have and where are they when you quilt? I belong to a rescue group for Australian Cattle dogs and have 2 sweeties. One of mine is always at my feet when I quilt or when I am on the computer, to the point where I am tripping over him. But I'd miss him if her were anywhere else.
We have 2 rescue dogs, English Springer spaniels adopted through Mid-Atlantic Springer Spaniel Rescue (www.maessr.org).

They like to be outside, playing in the yard. They have spurts of energy between hours of laziness.

They're usually on the sofa, sound asleep, most of the day. But as soon as I lay blocks on the rugs to check color or placement, they are right there. I guess they are the quality control crew, testing out the new quilts.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-102341.jpe   attachment-102342.jpe   attachment-102343.jpe  
Old 10-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Power Poster

Welcome!
Tbones Mom, so sorry Buddy has cancer!
I have Noel, a bulldog,she ispictured, but that was when she was a puppy. Charlie is a yellow lab, and Misty is a golden retriever. They dont go into my sewing room either, its too small, plus the bulldog and retriever are kleptos, and steal stuff, lol!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:31 AM

Right now we have 2 dogs, a smooth coat chow, Che, and a pit bull/chow, Ruby. There's not room for them in my sewing room though although I'm sure they wished there was.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:05 AM

I have 2 beautiful pit bull babies. They are both a little over 70 lbs...and are typically sleeping on the couch while I'm quilting. Diamond, our oldest, is 4 and she likes to lay on the bottom of the quilt while it's in the frame (A HUGE NO NO), and Blade, our 1 yr old spoiled rotten brat likes to lay across my lap, under the quilt...he loves covers.

Blade...yes that's his walking leash, as he broke 3 nylon ones before we got smart and bought metal chain...lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103421[/ATTACH]

Diamond-our 4 yr old baby =)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103422[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-103416.jpe   attachment-103417.jpe  
Old 10-27-2010, 05:39 AM

We have 4 dogs living at our house now. Two are my daughter's that we've been watching until she gets her floors redone. The younger ones get into mischief, but my two old dogs love to curl up at my feet when I'm sewing and of course they appreciate a good quilt.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:19 AM

I have two! They are always in the room with me, unless the weather is nice enough to leave the door open--then they are out in the backyard with frequent trips inside to check in with me! Love everyone's dog pics.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:27 AM

Two dogs, Chico a Min Pin/Chihuahua and Blackie a Schnauzer/Poodle. They have a special blanket in my sewing room, tucked out of the way. They can see me but not get stepped on.
Plus two cats, both black, Lucy Fur and Lincoln. I've given up keeping them off whatever I'm working on. I store projects in big Ziploc bags when I'm not working, to keep the fur to a minimum.
I tell everyone that my life is covered with Lucy...Fur!

We lost one cat, Fuzz Butt, earlier this year to old age. She was my counter weight and would hold down quilts while I sandwiched or pinned them.

Too many pictures to post but you can see them here...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=e76ed97507