nanna57

Old 03-14-2011, 10:59 AM

Get you a quilt magazine and read it. Most have step by step on how to make the designs in it. Alos you can got to the library and check out books on quilting. Most towns have a quilt shop, or a church sewing circle. There are a lot of possibalities. Maybe one og our gang here lives in the same town as you do. There are some sites on here that offer Tutorials on how to do things. Good luck.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 AM

We lost our Joann's but we have a Hancocks that have great deals. Also check and see if there is a Wal Mart in your town ,or the next ,that sells fabric. I usually but about 3 yards and you need a simple pattern to start. There is a site called Quilters Cashe, by Marcia HOhn. She has a lot of free patters and even has a section where you can learn from lessons. Free.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:43 PM

Welcome!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:48 AM

Hi, I used to live around Wooster, Ohio. My parents live in Danville, Ohio. I was born and raised Amish and you'd think I would know all about qilting but I got married and had 6 children and then we left the amish and I had 1 more son and was to busy to mess with quilts. My mother-in-law made quilts for a living and I wish I would have paid more attention. Thanks for all the wonderful advice. I am also into liquid herbs that are awesome and I also find loads to keep my husbands truck loaded.On top of that I am watching my grandson for 3 1/2 months while mom is in Costa Rica for college. He goes to kindergarden. Hi to all!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 AM

My son and wife are going on a cruise to Alaska in june. I bet it's beautiful up there.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 AM

Hi Ileen, I have 2 daughters that live in Los Angeles. Miriam is my oldest and just turned 30 and Dora is 20 and going to college. Miriam opened a cosmetology school a couple of years ago. I don't know how far you would live from them.