Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Peeking out from the shadows.......Hello

Peeking out from the shadows.......Hello

Hello everyone,

My name is Jennifer aka JenDale, My husband Michael and I have been married for 36 years, have 3 adult married children and 6 adorable grandchildren. We call beautiful Perth Western Australia home, after moving here 27 years ago from Melbourne Victoria.

I am a novice quilter, having had no lessons or formal instructions (well not much sewing experience at all really) but, as DH is in mining and works 2 weeks on and 1 week off, I decided I really needed to find something to help keep me occupied while he is away.

I have always admired beautiful quilts, and I decided I wanted to try and learn as much of the craft as I can. I bought a Brother NX200 Quilters Edition machine about 5 years ago and even started to begin learning then, but, life took over and I never got around to trying again until recently.

I have been watching many youtube videos on different processes of quilting and was lucky enough to find your wonderful board a short time ago while trawling for any and everything quilt related. I have been slowly looking around your site, enjoying all the different tips and have been having an especially wonderful time admiring all the different workspaces you clever people have. I have been adapting a few of these clever ideas to my space as well.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to say Hi to all you lovely ladies and men (if there are any on this board) and i'm looking forward to being a part of the group.

bye for now
    JenDale...apprentice sewer and wannabe quilter

Power Poster
    Welcome -

Most of the people here are nice most of the time - what more can one ask?

Hi to you!!!!

Welcome from North Central Missouri. Lots to read and see on this QB board; its the best of the best. Tutorial help, or projects or challenges.

I have done the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt with the members of the board and now doing the Farmer's Wife Pony Quilt with a group on QB. Its an international group, with members from the USA, Canada, Holland, Brazil, and Australia. Wonderful group. It all started with Laurie Aaron Hird's books with titles mentioned above...and has been a wonderful journey.

If you have not seen the site http://www.quilterscache.com you might want to visit it; 1600 free quilt patterns that will inspire you and keep you busy. Again, welcome.

Blog Entries
    Hi Jennifer and welcome, waving from NE Ohio. Glad you joined us.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from southern Michigan.

A great big HOWDY! from Texas. Welcome to the board. You'll learn lots and get to meet all sorts of wonderful folks from all over the world.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Blog Entries
    Another warm welcome from Michigan!

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Welcome from California. The people on this board, and there are men, are always ready to answer any questions and know tons about quilting. So be sure to ask here.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast