View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 AM
JenDale

Thumbs up Peeking out from the shadows.......Hello

Hello everyone,

My name is Jennifer aka JenDale, My husband Michael and I have been married for 36 years, have 3 adult married children and 6 adorable grandchildren. We call beautiful Perth Western Australia home, after moving here 27 years ago from Melbourne Victoria.

I am a novice quilter, having had no lessons or formal instructions (well not much sewing experience at all really) but, as DH is in mining and works 2 weeks on and 1 week off, I decided I really needed to find something to help keep me occupied while he is away.

I have always admired beautiful quilts, and I decided I wanted to try and learn as much of the craft as I can. I bought a Brother NX200 Quilters Edition machine about 5 years ago and even started to begin learning then, but, life took over and I never got around to trying again until recently.

I have been watching many youtube videos on different processes of quilting and was lucky enough to find your wonderful board a short time ago while trawling for any and everything quilt related. I have been slowly looking around your site, enjoying all the different tips and have been having an especially wonderful time admiring all the different workspaces you clever people have. I have been adapting a few of these clever ideas to my space as well.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to say Hi to all you lovely ladies and men (if there are any on this board) and i'm looking forward to being a part of the group.

bye for now
JenDale...apprentice sewer and wannabe quilter