Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Singer "School" Model machines

I believe they are fantastic ... and trying to locate a new one. I have had 3 in the last 25 years -- all bought from the 2-day ad where a rep shows up at a Hancocks or likewise. I have purchased the #2 or #3 machine up from the least expensive. I have worn them out ... they are the ONLY machine that I use. I'm ready for a new one, and inquired at Hancocks today (in Iowa) and was told they may not be doing it anymore. That the company that was, has gone out of business. I found this website trying to do a search on line to find them.

For my personal use, I don't want anything fancy, just forward, back, zigzag, a few decorative stitches (I'm a quilter and sew a LOT!!!) Mine have NEVER been in for repair or service, just maintainted according to book instructions. One of the models (bought about 10 years ago) the presser foot is a little wobbly from side to side. ONLY complaint. I truly hope I can find another one!!! I'm almost 70 now. I think I'm good to wear one, maybe two more out!!!

The only correspondence I've had with the company occurred when I didn't get all the parts with the machine, and I received them VERY promptly ....

can you tell I REALLLLLLLY like them????

You could call your local high school home ec department and ask where they get their machines. Then contact the company and ask how to get a used one. Just a thought. :)

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board from Sunny Oregon. Hope you find yourself one soon. Good Luck.

thanx --- did find a rep in New Jersey on the phone who has the machines ... same type of deal ... he is an independent dealer. I know they are out there and will find.

Thanx, your idea is good.

I'm sure you will find a machine you like! They are out there just waiting to be found. Welcome from the California desert. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Welcome from northern California! I hope you find the machine you want!

When you find the company, please share the information with the rest of us.

Welcome to the board from Southern California!

Blog Entries
    Hello, and welcome from Michigan!

Howdy and Welcome from Kentucky!! :D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast