Wa-Mart

Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 PM

Hi, my name is Virginia. I live in NW Arkansas - the home of Wal-Mart. I was an associate in the Home Office quite a few years ago when Mr. Sam was still alive. I realize things have changed a lot since then then.

Dispite what public opinion may be, Wal-Mart management is just normal people pushing a huge monster and trying to keep it going - they look at numbers.

I advise continued e-mails to wal-mart.com and calls to 1-800 walmart. The mail is read and the calls, in my last experience, were answered by real people. (I spent a week on a temp assignment in that office - and you can not imagine!) I am making the point that I really do care about sales and stock values and am trying to help. I think a public relations campaign that says "we listen - we have had 1000's of letters - we care - we respond, etc." can be far more effective than the sq. ft. sales figures. Maybe if they heard this from a lot of people it would help. It is worth a try.

In the meantime I guess we'll see a lot more of the UPS man. :lol:
Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 PM

It's good to hear an encouraging word. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:02 AM

Thanks for taking the time to write. I have called and emailed, but our fabric department is gone. I have given up hope, and don't have many affordable options here. I am very disappointed in Wal-Mart. I also used to work for my local Wal-Mart while going to school. The entire store and employees attituded have changed drastically since then. The thought that making the associates wear "uniforms" of navy polo shirts and khaki pants, will make sales increase, just shows that management has lost touch with their customers. The associates were given at $10 clothing allowance. How far does that go to buy shirts and khaki pants?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:27 PM

As far as keeping the fabric depts. I too have signed a petition and also emailed WM. Here in NC a lot of the fabric depts are closing. I never got a response to my email, so I think that more WM in North Carolina may be on the chopping block. Customer sevice use to be No 1 priority at WM and now the checkers do not even speak to you all the while your tab is getting bigger and heavn forbid if you expect to get your purchase in your cart by them. I came back from there one time missing a whole sack and when I called to complain was told that the associates simply do not have the time to put your purchases in the cart. I still shop at WM because gas is so high and groceries are too. But if they pull the last fabric dept in this store, may think about going elsewhere. They have downsized sproting goods too and hubby is not exactly thrilled about that.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:35 PM

The closest Wal-Mart for me (I live in WV) was supposed to do away with their fabric department in June. However, I talked to an employee there and she said it would be there for at least 5 more years because they weren't changing anything until they rennovated it. So...thankfully we have it (hopefully)5 more years. So far, this Wal-Mart hasn't really changed. A few other Wal-Marts that I travel to have changed quite a bit. I buy everything at Wal-Mart just because it is so much cheaper than my local grocers. Plus, I can get everything in one stop. I have signed the petition, called and e-mailed and of course either no response or something automated. I don't think it will matter how many times we call, e-mail or bug them, it seems to be their top priority is ignoring and disregarding their #1 customers...BLAH!