Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big price hike !!!!

dawsondelights
    She stated the $3.00 a yard was ONLY for the grand opening.After the sale was off she raised the price to $4.00 a yard.Two weeks later they went up to $8.00 a Yard.I can still buy Name brand fabrics for $7.95 where I live.Moda,Rjr,Kauffman,SSI ect.,so for me the price jump is outragious.,Kris

At some of the shops I've shopped at lately, $8 is still pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsondelights View Post
    She stated the $3.00 a yard was ONLY for the grand opening.After the sale was off she raised the price to $4.00 a yard.Two weeks later they went up to $8.00 a Yard.I can still buy Name brand fabrics for $7.95 where I live.Moda,Rjr,Kauffman,SSI ect.,so for me the price jump is outragious.,Kris
    If you are in northern Indiana, have you ever shopped Lolly's bargain basement in Shipshewana? Everything in the basement is $5.95/yd. It's nice fabric too. Real good hand.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    Why buy from a rep when you can buy direct from a fabric warehouse? The fabric is less then $4 a yard.
    What do you mean, BellaBoo? I buy direct from the manufacturers' own warehouses (you can't get more direct than that) but still the wholesale price of all prints are well over $5 / yard.

What kind of fabric warehouse are you referring to? The ones that buy closeouts? I'm confused...

Wow..That is quite a big jump in price..Hope you stocked up at 3.00 a yard.....

dawsondelights
    That is where I get my fabrics but it is now $7.95/yd.All name brands. Kris

QKO
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics View Post
    What do you mean, BellaBoo? I buy direct from the manufacturers' own warehouses (you can't get more direct than that) but still the wholesale price of all prints are well over $5 / yard.

What kind of fabric warehouse are you referring to? The ones that buy closeouts? I'm confused...
    Obviously she's talking about overstock clearance prices on fabric no one wants. Wholesale prices on quilt shop grade fabrics haven't been under $4.00 for 15 years or more...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2