Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Binding by Machine >

Binding by Machine

Binding by Machine

Old 04-08-2010, 11:50 AM

OOPS! I said I sew it from the back side. This is wrong. I sew it in the ditch on the front. By pinning all around, it holds the binding in place on the back so I don't have to worry about not catching the binding on the back. It works for me.
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I don't do it this way, but I want to give it a try. My method takes a long time and is very tedious. I sew my binding to the front, then fold it over and pin it to the back every inch all the way around the quilt, then sew it from the back side. I use Alex Anderson's method and my binding is cut at 2 1/8 inches wide. Like I saidtho, I want to try this method and see if I like it better and see if I can do it in less time and get the same result.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:39 PM

Yes, I can see how your method would work, and I've considered doing it that way. I just think this new method gives a good result with a lot less hassle.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:04 PM

I'm open to trying something new and I intend to give it a try. That's just the way I learned and it works for me. If this new method works just as well I will dump my old method and use this one. I hope it does work well for me because I hate the alternative. Undoing, redoing, handsewing. I'm a once around kinda guy. I don't want to have to go back and fix stuff. Oh, well I guess if you are sewing it down on the front you are guiding it so you can see what your doing. The light bulb just went off. I get it now. I'm definitely going to give it a try. So sorry! It takes a while to sink in sometimes.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for the link