Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Crawfish Etouffe >

Crawfish Etouffe

Crawfish Etouffe

Old 03-19-2011, 09:50 PM

I cooked up some crawfish etouffe for my sister and her girls last night. They live in Tennessee and don't often get crawfish. Trying to come up with a topic for my blog tonight, I thought it would be different to add my recipe for crawfish etouffe. If you're interested in either how to make it or the other ways that we eat crawfish, you might want to pay my blog a visit. If nothing else, you'll discover just how good our mudbugs are. Maybe I'll even convince you to give them a try.

http://fleurdelisquilts.blogspot.com
Grab a cup of coffee and come for a visit. Don't forget to leave a note. I love to hear from my visitors.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

Will check it out!
Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 AM

You might want to post this in the recipes section so many other people could see and enjoy....love those mudbugs too!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 AM

love etouffe.. last name use to be LaLonde.. good cracker as my ex use to say..
Old 03-21-2011, 09:10 AM

miss living in the south, food can't be beat, thank you for sharing.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:23 AM
crt

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
I cooked up some crawfish etouffe for my sister and her girls last night. They live in Tennessee and don't often get crawfish. Trying to come up with a topic for my blog tonight, I thought it would be different to add my recipe for crawfish etouffe. If you're interested in either how to make it or the other ways that we eat crawfish, you might want to pay my blog a visit. If nothing else, you'll discover just how good our mudbugs are. Maybe I'll even convince you to give them a try.

http://fleurdelisquilts.blogspot.com
Grab a cup of coffee and come for a visit. Don't forget to leave a note. I love to hear from my visitors.

I'd rather visit you in person! LOL! I'm from Baton Rouge, and really homesick right now. I don't dare look at the recipe, or I'll be really bad off! :D
Old 03-21-2011, 10:05 AM

I have had crawfish and love them. Not had etouffe, but just reading it makes me drool. I do love red beans and rice too. Used to love watching old Justin Wilson, at least I think that was his name. He was soooo funny clowning around as he cooked his Cajun delights.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks for your version of Crawfish Etouffee. It's a little different, but not much, from mine. I'm originally from Kinder, but have lived in Colfax (just north of Alexandria, LA, to you not from LA) for many years now.

I've never gone to the Nursery Festival in Forest Hill. [Info from Fleurdeslis..."s blog] Rather than dealing with the crowd and trying to get what I might buy from the festival site to my vehicle, I go to Forest Hill before or after the festival, shopping at the nurseries--especially Doug Young's.

And to "crt," check the frozen seafood dept. at your grocery. You may find frozen crawfish tails there. They are available in most of the U.S. now. I buy these for most of the etouffees I make--so much easier than boiling and peeling the mudbugs from scratch. However, our crawfish boils usually mean some left over--then it's peel and freeze the leftovers for etouffees, chowders, bisque, and casseroles.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:43 PM

if you check the package.. alot of seafood comes from china
Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 PM
crt

I could really go for some boiled crawfish right now. I bet you wouldn't have leftovers to peel if I was there! :lol: