Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Hancock's selling American Made brand >
  • Hancock's selling American Made brand

• Hancock's selling American Made brand

Old 03-24-2014, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    My understanding is the fabric is made from American cotton. Fabric distributors have told me there is no mill in the US that can make cotton fabric but can print the cotton fabric. It's very confusing. Where is the mill located that takes the cotton and makes the fabric ready to be printed? I wish all our fabric was still made here.
    Apparently there IS a mill in the US - in South Carolina. I think it's brilliant and I'll be buying lots of it.
    Old 03-25-2014, 03:18 AM

If this is the same brand being sold at JoAnn's, another QB member told me she had bought some and found it a bit stiff. Can't say if she pre-washed or not so not sure of the 'hand' of this fabric.
    Old 03-25-2014, 03:51 AM

My mother worked in a textile mill, they made the most amazing fabric and threads back then, I think she still has a skein or two of the thread, and she has been retired for 25 plus years( she's 91 yrs now). It would be so nice to be able to buy American made again.. Thanks for the info.
    Old 03-25-2014, 05:20 AM

It gives the states where the cotton is from and where it's processed and woven. Arkansas & S. Carolina. Yea!!! USA
    Old 03-25-2014, 05:35 AM

My understanding is the fabric is made from American cotton. Fabric distributors have told me there is no mill in the US that can make cotton fabric but can print the cotton fabric. It's very confusing. Where is the mill located that takes the cotton and makes the fabric ready to be printed? I wish all our fabric was still made here.
    I think we all want our products to be made here at home again. So, to begin that process, we all need to support this very brave group and order some of their product....this could be the start of a great movement......I am getting ready to place my order!
    Old 03-25-2014, 03:41 PM

The Clothworks product is USA made and they are all solids. Right now, the best printing mills are in Japan and Korea. Recently, I thought I saw at least one large fabric company(but forgot the name) is trying digital fabric printing. I forget which one, but if they could get digital fabric printing here, maybe they will start printing the fabric here as well.

Spoonflower, which is a small company (I just rechecked their website) is actually doing digital fabric printing by order, so the technology is here. It just becomes a matter of the companies getting on board, depending on cost.
    Old 03-25-2014, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7
    It doesn't say made in the USA it says made in America which could be South America.
    If they want to convince me it is made in the USA, they will have to label it "Made in USA"!!
    Otherwise, I think it is just clever marketing and will not buy any.
    Old 03-26-2014, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter
    If this is the same brand being sold at JoAnn's, another QB member told me she had bought some and found it a bit stiff. Can't say if she pre-washed or not so not sure of the 'hand' of this fabric.
    no, not the same....Joann's sells Traditions ...American made
    Old 03-26-2014, 07:29 AM

I don't think that S Carolina has moved to South America.
    Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    I think we all want our products to be made here at home again. So, to begin that process, we all need to support this very brave group and order some of their product....this could be the start of a great movement......I am getting ready to place my order!
    will be buying very soon.....yea....