Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
A little more info on Hancocks >

A little more info on Hancocks

A little more info on Hancocks

Old 05-17-2016, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
My local Hancock's has their in stock drapery on sale for 70% off list and if you finish off the roll, another 10%. I have been wanting a world map drapery fabric for a while. Original price, $14.99 yd (58" width). I got it for $3/yd which for me was my breaking point. I didn't want to kick myself for not getting it when I could. There is another fabric I want but it is $24.99/yd (regularly). I'm going to wait to see if the prices get lower. Some of the quilting cotton is at 50% off right now. Not low enough to make me go into a buying frenzy... Maybe in a couple more weeks.
Similar here. I didn't see any that I had to have, and the few I considered had the starting price of $24.99 or higher. If I loved it, I might consider it if they have the quantity I will need. But I can recognize that these bolts were from their spot the bolt bargains, and the prices when Hancocks had their percentages off, would have been lower than what the liquidator is offering. Actually, Fabric.com just ended their yard sale, and some of their prices on heavier weight fabrics were pretty good, considering you can order the total quantity you need and shipping is included if over $35.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:54 PM

[

The liquidation bought the assets as a profitable business venture. Of course, the goal would be to make a profit. Going out of business liquidations sometimes create a sense that prices will be dirt cheap. From what I understand, the liquidator has until end of July to vacate, so still in no great rush to dispose of inventory at loss prices.