Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Modern BLOCK mag? >

Modern BLOCK mag?

Modern BLOCK mag?

Old 02-15-2015, 06:36 AM

I don't care for modern quilts, so I am passing on this. Plus I hardly have the time to look at the ones I do receive.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:00 PM

I through it on and order I was already placing. If I make one of the quilts in the book I got my moneys worth. I've learned so much from Jenny that I'm sure there will be something I'll learn from this book too.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:13 AM

Got my Mod Block today and only did a quick casual flip-through at lunchtime. I liked it! It was not what I expected at all. If I may generalize, most quilts that are deemed "modern" have lots of white background, very simple shapes in primary colors or colorful prints. Most of the projects in Mod Block are not like that; in fact, some look extremely vintage, lots of darker shades. Don't get me wrong, there is a bunch of white used too, but not everything is snowy white. Believe me, the last thing I need to look at right now is anything the color of snow... but, I digress. Anyway, by the sound of the editorial at the beginning of the magazine, this won't be a one-time deal; they refer to it as the "first edition" of Mod Block.

This was a spur-of-the-moment add-on to an order for me, and I'm glad I bought it. Very interesting articles in the magazine also.