Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Nancy Rink's stolen quilts >

Nancy Rink's stolen quilts

Nancy Rink's stolen quilts

Old 07-30-2014, 01:00 PM

Before flooding the internet with this, please do some research. A friend wanted me to post it on my FB yesterday but I wanted more information. Tried to search for details and the ONLY information I could find was the article from Quiltville.blogspot. EVERY reference to the theft returned me to that particular site or were excerpts from it. There is NO mention of it on Nancy's website, blog, or Twitter. NO mention of it in the media in the town where her shop is located. I cannot think of why on earth someone would post a false theft - but if it really did happen, why would Nancy herself not be posting information about it??
Old 07-30-2014, 01:01 PM

Mahalo for the link!

This site will also be useful to find an original site when just the image is available.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Denice_a View Post
Before flooding the internet with this, please do some research. A friend wanted me to post it on my FB yesterday but I wanted more information. Tried to search for details and the ONLY information I could find was the article from Quiltville.blogspot. EVERY reference to the theft returned me to that particular site or were excerpts from it. There is NO mention of it on Nancy's website, blog, or Twitter. NO mention of it in the media in the town where her shop is located. I cannot think of why on earth someone would post a false theft - but if it really did happen, why would Nancy herself not be posting information about it??
I'm not sure what you googled but > "Nancy Rink's stolen quilts" < yielded information from multiple sources including Nancy's fb along with photos of the quilts.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:52 PM

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Stolen-quilts-leaves-owner-mad-heartbroken-269160391.html

Local newspaper interview with Nancy. The award is now at $1500.00.

And after careful inventorying, there is another quilt missing. I can't imagine how she must feel.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Denice_a View Post

I don't know how you research but it was on Nancy Rings Facebook page. And the Quiltville blog post about it quotes Nancy herself telling about the theft. If you read the Quiltville blog about it you would have read that.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post
http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Stolen-quilts-leaves-owner-mad-heartbroken-269160391.html

Local newspaper interview with Nancy. The award is now at $1500.00.

And after careful inventorying, there is another quilt missing. I can't imagine how she must feel.
Read the news article .........entry to shop with key.......alarm system disabled........sounds like an inside job...oh, I have been watching too many mysteries on tv.....I hope the quilts are found in good condition. Cannot imagine why thieves would want quilts......how/ who would turn to cash? I could see supplies, sewing machines, but not quilts.....
Old 07-31-2014, 12:27 PM

This is sickening, sometimes I wonder what is wrong with some members of society.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:18 PM

Very sad today, and government makes them think they are entitled.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:47 PM

Denice_a this theft really did happen!! I'm baffled as to why you can't find more than one site reporting the loss of these beautiful quilts. And if you go to Nancy Rink's blog, you will find information regarding the incident in her own words. And thirdly, the local news (KBAK Ch.29) covered the story I believe on July 29, and also interviewed Nancy. So to answer you question....... no one has posted a "false theft". It is unbelievable to me why someone would break into a shop and steal quilts, unless they knew their value (kind of like a piece of art). My thoughts and prayers go out to Nancy and hope her quilts will be returned in the near future.