Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Nancy Rink's stolen quilts >

Nancy Rink's stolen quilts

Nancy Rink's stolen quilts

Old 07-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

Default Nancy Rink's stolen quilts

I don't know if this has been posted but I was over at Bonnie's site http://www.quiltville.blogspot.ca and she has a link for pictures of the quilts stolen from Nancy's studio in California. Be on the look out for them in your areas Craigslist or eBay listings.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:47 PM

This is sickening. If you pin, please pin the link on Bonnie's site with the photo of some of the quilts. The more people who see this, the better!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:10 PM

I just got the information on facebook from Thimble Town in Visalia...Lets let all our quilting friends know...Nancy Rink is from Bakersfield California and she has a website.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:42 PM

Thank you for posting this. Her work is beautiful, and it is maddening that people think it's okay to steal someone's art. I hope these thieves are caught, punished, and that the quilts will be returned in excellent condition.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:42 AM

Reminds of when Karen Combs quilts were taken from the trunk of her car a few years ago. Makes one wonder about the ethics in our quilting community. Thieves amongst us! Or outsiders looking to profit. Very scary, frankly .

sandy
Old 07-30-2014, 03:13 AM
Power Poster

Why do people have to be so hateful? I hope they are caught and prosecuted.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:22 AM
Power Poster

I quilted a quilt for the LQS as a sample and was surprised when it was stolen out of the shop during a land line shop hop. But then we did a contest of employees and I had a vest I had made stolen too. This was in the nice neighborhood in So CA. Since it was an original design of watercolor fabrics in a 1/4 circle of Dresden plates, I never saw anybody wearing that vest. Made myself another one.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

We as quilters are involved in the quilt world but 9 out of 10 people wouldn't know a prize winning quilt from a made in China one. Give or sell the average person a stolen quilt and they will never know. They don't look at quilt websites or buy quilt magazines or know there is a quilting world. I wouldn't have any idea if I bought a shirt at flea market and it was stolen from a high fashion designer's studio. The thieves know where to sell the quilts so detection will be unlikely. It's so sad and hurtful.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:02 AM

I volunteer at our local quilt shop during Shop Hops. I suggested one year that we sew little cowbells to each of the display quilts and items through the store. We posted signs, please no hands on the quilts without white gloves.
We heard those bells all day....but we did not have anything taken this year. Thieves know we are busy and not watching.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:08 AM

Just found this site where you can upload an image and they'll do a web search for the image. I downloaded one of her missing quilts and while it didn't show up yet on the web, it's probably too early. For those of us who are internet saavy, this might be a good project...pick one of her quilts and check weekly using this site or one like it.

https://www.tineye.com/search/4e423c...060245813e150/