Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
New Years day mystery quilt >

New Years day mystery quilt

New Years day mystery quilt

Old 12-25-2016, 02:00 PM

Default New Years day mystery quilt

One of my enjoyed activities on New Year's day is to work on one mystery and collect pattern's of free New Year's Day mystery quilts. This year I have only found 2 sources. I was wondering if anyone else has noted other sites? Thank-you, for any help.
1. ScrapQuilt.com with Janet Wickell - has fabric selection and basic cutting instruction posted.
2. MerryMayhem.com - has fabric selection and basic cutting instructions posted.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:23 PM

I only knew about Merry Mayhem, I've done hers the last couple of years and enjoyed it a lot. I'm doing 2 of Bonnie Hunters, a scrappy and a controlled with black as the neutral in the controlled one. I'll be watching this to see who else is doing any. I love a mystery!
Old 12-25-2016, 06:17 PM

The Meadow Mist Designs mystery quilt started in September and we have a thread for it on this Board if you want to join in. Very unstressful---just one clue a month, we are probably half way done, but would be real easy for you to catch up!!
Old 12-25-2016, 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=happylab;7726124]One of my enjoyed activities on New Year's day is to work on one mystery and collect pattern's of free New Year's Day mystery quilts. This year I have only found 2 sources. I was wondering if anyone else has noted other sites? Thank-you, for any help.
1. ScrapQuilt.com with Janet Wickell - has fabric selection and basic cutting instruction posted.
2. MerryMayhem.com - has fabric selection and basic cutting instructions posted.[/QUOT

It's ScrapQuilts.com
Old 12-26-2016, 07:12 AM

I have done several of Janet Wickell's mysteries. I find she has good instructions and nice projects. I have used several of her mystery quilts as our guild mystery quilt. I emailed her and asked her permission. All she asked is that I give her credit for the pattern. Very nice of her. Know she has moved to a new forum this year as on the old site she was on it was really difficult to print out the instructions. They are lots of fun.
This year my guild is doing a BOM. I am in charge. I am hoping to find a good one to use. Hopefully for free.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:31 AM

http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/2...kee-diary.html
Hello everyone,
This is not a mystery quilt but a block of the month with Barbara Brackman - she does a lot of Civil War quilts and give you the history along the way - which I enjoy and am interested in. I hope to make my first attempt at a block of the month and be able to do it. I hope some on the Board is interested too. The block of the month starts in January and I believe it's the last week of January. If you sign up, you will get an email reminder and instructions.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:35 AM

http://www.quiltalong.net/ has a nice directory of all of the quilt alongs that are going on at any time. You can sort whether you want free, BOM, or mystery.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:46 AM

In case you're interested, here's another NYD mystery from Quiltbug:

http://quiltbug.com/blooming-rails.htm
Old 12-28-2016, 06:15 AM

Sounds like a good plan with the hubby watching games all day! Thanks
Old 12-30-2016, 06:00 PM

I'm considering doing a NYD mystery quilt but haven't decided which to do. I was disappointed the year I did Merry Mayhem's so might try Janet Wickell's this year, although I haven't even started pulling fabric or cutting yet.