Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Photos of New Years Mystery Quilt

It's much prettier than I'd imagined. I love the pattern, in fact. Now I have to make enough more blocks to make it a bigger size. I used up just some scraps from fabric that I already had, and here's the result. I can't believe how terrible the purples all show up. The color is distored in the photos, the actual colors look lovely together. It's much darker than I usual sew, but it was a fun project. It seemed kinda slow - I was ready for the next step much earlier than each hour, or needed larger steps. But what a fun project. Thanx ShellyQ for letting us know about it. Sara
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wanted to do this one today, but didn't have enough material on had. Very Cool.

awesome colors sara, i also did this mystery quilt, i'm alot slower though...lol i'm still cutting. I will post mine when i have it together. Don't know how it will look i ran out of fabric, thought i had enough. No problem, it will be mine, and i'll just have to make a new one with the proper fabric needed. It sure is fun, i've never done a mystery quilt before. Happy News Year.

I got behind on this to seem I just get going good and either the phone would ring or my Dad needed something. I did print all the direction and will post picks when done.

mgrhs go print out instruction and then make it later they will be up for 24 hours

Banned
    Blog Entries
    There's a quilt that people will look twice at!! Gorgeous!!

Wow sarah! That is stunning! I'm so glad you enjoyed the project. I may have to go back and try it. I had guests here today and couldn't participate.

I got the instructions, thanks. I plan on adding this block to my RFL quilt.

Great colors. How regal it looks with all that royal purple!

I quit on step 5. I'll finish up those gazillion pseudo 9-patches tomorrow. I did enjoy the 'mystery' but kept getting further and further behind. Sigh! I used to think I stitched things up pretty fast. Ha! Not even!

Good job Sara!

Beautiful!!! I love the colors.

Sara, I like it with the sashing matching the 9-patches. Gives it a "transparent" effect. Very cool!

I found it impossible to keep up with the steps because I was trying to make all the blocks at once. I had in the back of my mind that it might turn out to be a sort of medallion quilt... she fooled me! :wink:

I'm working on different layouts. Since I used scraps, I don't have quite enough full blocks, so I'm experimenting. Can't decide on sash color, borders, etc. So while I'm doing my work, I have a wonderful helper . . .

Bun is 17 years old, and a wonderful kitty. Her opinion is valuable to my quilting projects.
    Name:  Attachment-5259.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  64.5 KB

That is really nice... I would have loved to join too but it was not possible today..

Diamonds, the directions are up for 24 hours. Download them and do the quilt at your leisure. I won't be finished for days, I predict :!:

A 17 yo kitty. That's awesome!! Give that kitty a hug for me. Great job on the mystery quilt. I love your fabric choices.

Gorgeous! How nice of Bunnster to hold down those blocks for you so they don't fall on the floor!

beautiful , love your colors. oh i could just squeeze your kitty, she looks so comfortable laying there. It's as if she is saying this is mine, no one else can lay on here.

After seeing your samples I wish I would have taken the challange yesterday! You did a great job! I have bookmarked this for future reference! Great Job.. Might be seeing one on my bed!

I dont think I've ever seen a Siamese with golden eyes. Quilt and kitty are both beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne
    Diamonds, the directions are up for 24 hours. Download them and do the quilt at your leisure. I won't be finished for days, I predict :!:
    Thanks Yvonne.. I did not know that.. I will go download them now...

I also love the quilters helper :lol:

I NEVER would have thought of that layout, but I really like it!!!! It is going to be beautiful :!:

The 2008 Mystery quilt is finished. I hate it. The colors are bold, garish, busy, and simply terrible. The blocks themselves are nice, the but total product is a disaster. But. . .

I used up 4 large pieces of fabric from my stash.
    It's finished - someone (who is not in their right mind) will like it

It was sure hard to pick fabrics for a pattern that I had no idea how it would turn out.
    Sara

I sure used up alot of stash fabric! That's all that's left from 4 large pieces.
    Name:  Attachment-3521.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  47.7 KB

The Mystery quilt - finished. Ugly, but finished.
    Name:  Attachment-3525.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  43.8 KB

Each block isn't so bad.
    Name:  Attachment-7614.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  46.4 KB

Gee, I kind of like it! It does make a strong statement, but in the right room it would look stunning!

Wow Sarah :!: , first of all I don't know how I missed this. That is awesome, I just love those colours :thumbup: , Secondly, How would you like to swap then cause I think mine has turned out way to pale for my tastes :lol: But I don't spose you'd really want to part with such a beauty

Sara that is really neat. Love it and love the colors.

I love those colors, it is very nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast