Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Putting batting strips together, new product! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/putting-batting-strips-together-new-product-t58579.html)

BellaBoo 08-09-2010 09:11 AM

This is one of the why didn't I think of that? I think it's a great money saver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwgsq...layer_embedded

craftybear 08-09-2010 09:23 AM

thanks awesome link

wvdek 08-09-2010 09:35 AM

Neat. Have to look for it.

belmer 08-09-2010 12:34 PM

Thankyou.... Now that is somthing we all could do to save those smaller pieces. I usually butt mine up together and zig-zag stitch them together, but I like this idea better.

Shelley 08-09-2010 03:42 PM

Here's something even easier (and probably cheaper!) Use a lightweight fusable interfacing, cut into strips, and use that to piece your bindings. I've been doing this for a couple of years and it works great.

katier825 08-09-2010 03:56 PM

I did see that or something similar a few weeks ago. I think it was around $9 per roll.

Originally Posted by Shelley
Here's something even easier (and probably cheaper!) Use a lightweight fusable interfacing, cut into strips, and use that to piece your bindings. I've been doing this for a couple of years and it works great.

Shelley, how does this hold up in the wash? I've been tempted to try it, but was afraid it would curl up around the edges if the quilting wasn't really close together.

CoyoteQuilts 08-09-2010 04:47 PM

Cool!

Shelley 08-09-2010 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
I did see that or something similar a few weeks ago. I think it was around $9 per roll.

Shelley, how does this hold up in the wash? I've been tempted to try it, but was afraid it would curl up around the edges if the quilting wasn't really close together.

Once it's quilted, it's not going anywhere.

katier825 08-10-2010 01:13 AM

That's good to know, I think I'll try it. It will be less expensive than the tape. Do you just apply the interfacing to one side of the batting?

Shelley 08-10-2010 06:09 AM

That's good to know, I think I'll try it. It will be less expensive than the tape. Do you just apply the interfacing to one side of the batting?

Yep. All you are trying to do is hold it together until the quilt is quilted. The only time this MIGHT not work real well is if 1) you hand quilt-it might be a little harder to quilt through the tape, maybe. 2) quilt very little. I see that some of you just stitch-in-the-ditch or quilt fairly sparsely. For my quilts, I would want this to be well quilted over in order for it to really hold. Opinion only....