Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Quilt Block Library NOT Good (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/quilt-block-library-not-good-t137099.html)

BettyGee 07-12-2011 12:42 PM

I had visited the Quilt Library a few times and decided to give it a try by purchasing one "credit." That was $2.50. You then may download patterns using your purchased "credits." They suggest you make a much larger investment, but I thought I'd try it with $2.50 which is one credit. I used my credit to purchase a block called "Rebel Patch" which I felt would be perfect for a project I have coming up. I received an error message advising to contact "the administrator." Long story short, after three messages to them I still do not have my purchased pattern and not even a reply to my inquiry. I would strongly urge you to be very careful on this site.

alikat110 07-12-2011 12:44 PM

Thanks for the heads up

babyboomerquilter 07-12-2011 12:45 PM

Ditto! Thanks for the heads up!

craftybear 07-12-2011 01:22 PM

thanks for letting us know

Originally Posted by BettyGee
I had visited the Quilt Library a few times and decided to give it a try by purchasing one "credit." That was $2.50. You then may download patterns using your purchased "credits." They suggest you make a much larger investment, but I thought I'd try it with $2.50 which is one credit. I used my credit to purchase a block called "Rebel Patch" which I felt would be perfect for a project I have coming up. I received an error message advising to contact "the administrator." Long story short, after three messages to them I still do not have my purchased pattern and not even a reply to my inquiry. I would strongly urge you to be very careful on this site.

quiltsRfun 07-12-2011 01:24 PM

That doesn't sound good. Thanks for the warning. Good thing you started with a small amount of credit.

RkayD 07-12-2011 04:22 PM

Don't give up yet. I think Penny is traveling.

BettyGee 07-12-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by RkayD

Thank you for that information; however, if someone is going to operate an online business then it would behoove them to inform their customers, and potential customers, of a possible delay. This can be done with basic technology by a layman so I believe a professional has an obligation to keep their site users informed. I will continue to give the site owner the benefit of the doubt for another week or so, but I don't think I will be a regular patron of the Quilt Block Library.

nativetexan 07-12-2011 04:54 PM

the site should tell you if someone is traveling and that things won't work until she returns. not a good way to run a business.
yrs ago i tried to buy the DJane CD from the "designer". she finally told me i'd emailed her old email and she didn't check it often. how was i to know? i finally bought it elsewhere.

BettyGee 07-12-2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
the site should tell you if someone is traveling and that things won't work until she returns. not a good way to run a business.
yrs ago i tried to buy the DJane CD from the "designer". she finally told me i'd emailed her old email and she didn't check it often. how was i to know? i finally bought it elsewhere.

Exactly!

np3 07-12-2011 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by BettyGee

Originally Posted by RkayD

Thank you for that information; however, if someone is going to operate an online business then it would behoove them to inform their customers, and potential customers, of a possible delay. This can be done with basic technology by a layman so I believe a professional has an obligation to keep their site users informed. I will continue to give the site owner the benefit of the doubt for another week or so, but I don't think I will be a regular patron of the Quilt Block Library.

I have to agree. Not a good way to operate a business. Laptops travel.