Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Is this quilting machine for real?? >

Is this quilting machine for real??

Is this quilting machine for real??

Old 01-11-2014, 08:33 AM

Why would bidder 875 go to $1000 from a bid of $600, then go to $2000 with no other competitive bids.
The Seller is driving up the bid. RUN!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:35 AM

My son says ONLY pay through PayPal. But we all know some one that has to have all the new gadgets to show off and they only use them once and they move on to the next 'I gotta have'. If I had the $$ I'd have my kid on it . The lack of feed back could be that he has never sold on Ebay before. In Feb/75 I bought a 1974 T-Bird walking home from the grocery store. The price was so unbelievable I actually took down the VIN called the police station and it was not a stolen car -the man selling it was the owner- His wife had to have a car but all the man got for his trouble was bologna sandwiches or TV dinners because she was never home. In less then 1 hour and $200 the less then a year old car was mine -tagged-titled-insured and a tank of gas and I no longer had to take the city bus to get to work
Old 01-11-2014, 08:41 AM

I agree it sounds like a scam ... but like Quilty-Louise if it was in my neck of the woods and I was interested, I would at least contact him (from a newly created gmail or hotmail account - NOT my usual account) and see if I could arrange a local pickup.

Even if it is real ... the part that would worry me is the free shipping. You cannot ship a machine or a frame CHEAPLY and I would not trust this guy to pack it properly.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:46 AM

There is no feedback because this is the first item he is trying to sell. It says zero in the top right corner. He also states to contact him before placing a bid. Get in touch with him and see what is going on. Just a suggestion

Last edited by acraftee24; 01-11-2014 at 08:47 AM. Reason: add more information
Old 01-11-2014, 08:47 AM

Hmmmm... Maybe we should make a notebook and list our machines and equipment and maybe a photo also. We could put what each item is valued . So when we do part they have some idea of the value. We could also make notes on an item if we wanted it to go to someone . Like maybe a family member or good friend that you know would really appreciate it .
My kids would have a yard sale or just junk it. So now I guess I need to get busy on this.and I know where tio but the book right by the game system so they will find it lol
Old 01-11-2014, 09:49 AM

If I'm going to buy an item on ebay the first thing I check is the seller's rating. I've never bought from anyone who has only had 1 item sold. I did buy from a person who had only sold 60 some odd items but he'd been a member of ebay for 9 years with 100% rating. I always use Paypal to pay so that I can get my money back if there's a problem, that's only happened once in all the time I've used ebay. It took 2 months but I did get my money back.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:32 AM

I reported this. He is asking you to contact him privately which is a no no. All contact is suppose to be through ebay. Hopefully no one gets hurt with this.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:29 AM

The problem there is that if you buy it outside of ebay, you have NO way of getting your money back if he's scamming you. He might sell the same machine 10 times. Plus if you try it and he gets kicked out of ebay, SO DO YOU, because you're not supposed to do that. So he just signs up with a different name and does the whole thing over but you're screwed.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Banned

I contacted him through ebay (NOT his private email listed).
He never responded to me so I reported him for violations
also.

Originally Posted by mustangquilts View Post
I reported this. He is asking you to contact him privately which is a no no. All contact is suppose to be through ebay. Hopefully no one gets hurt with this.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:52 PM

Default A ante

Originally Posted by MamaHen View Post
This is on Ebay for a ridiculously low price. He has no other items he has sold, whats that saying "If it's looks to good to be true, it probably is. Hope this link works.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HQ-18-Avante...item3f2eb27b16
Great deal. If you are interested go for it. My mom and I purchased an hq16 for $1500. I would get if it is including shipping. Good luck