Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
What do you think of this? >

What do you think of this?

What do you think of this?

Old 12-16-2014, 05:40 PM

When my son was born they told me not to touch him when he came out. they would lay him on my chest but no touch. When my daughter was born they told me I could touch her if I did it through the sheet. When my youngest daughter was born, they said touch her, we don't care.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:22 PM

I made a rag quilt with flannel for my new Great granddaughter but I told her Mother to save for awhile because of the fringe.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

All my infant grands have the breathing alert system under their mattress pad. If no breathing is detected in 30 seconds, an alarm goes off that will wake the whole house. Why worry, get the alarm. My DD is a RN and she has two alarm pads in the crib to cover the whole mattress. She uses a crib quilt and the crib on an incline.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:01 PM

I agree with no quilt in the crib until baby is old enough to move around, roll over etc. as a former pediatric nurse, I know the devastation of SIDS. That being said, I have given all my grandchildren quilts. Their parents know that it is not intended for bedtime( they swaddle) but they have been well used for tummy time and play time.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:11 PM

I raised three children and they had a quilt or blanket, pillow, bumper pads, and their crib was lined every inch with stuffed animals. And they are all ok today.

But sadly, I had a friend who lost her baby to sids. Just because our children survived, doesn't mean squat. We were lucky. SIDS rate has dropped drastically since the new guidelines were put into place. That's a fact.

I have made numerous quilts for my first granddaughter. They were loved and used extensively (on outings, in the stroller, tummy time, in the car seat, ect) but never in a crib. Now she is two and she sleeps with those same quilts every nigh.