Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: "Warped" Trip Around the World?

Howdy y'all :c)

I've been trying to find a pattern and I'm not having much luck. I've seen pictures of a trip around the world quilt that makes the design look more "warped" than they usually do. I found the exact design I want at http://quiltwoman.com/Quilt-Trip-Aro...t-Pattern.aspx , but this pattern only makes a quilt that is 32 1/2" X 32 1/2". I don't want a wall hanging...I want to make at least a twin-sized quilt using this design. Does anyone know where I might find one? I want to make it for my nephew for his birthday in August, so I need to get started on it ASAP. Thanks! :c)

Donna

Blog Entries
    This is a bargello type quilt. You might expand your search in that direction:)

bj
    You could do 4,6,8 of the panels, depending on how big you decide to go and just have several "trips". I like that pattern. It does have a lot in common with a bargello. You might could try Eleanor Burns "Quick Trip" book. To do a large quilt, you make 1/2 of the quilt at a time. You'd just have to vary your strip widths.

Blog Entries
    That is actually a bargello pattern. You make strip sets of all the colors. Just Google "bargello quilt pattern" and you'll find lots of instructions. There is also probably a tutorial on here. Good luck!!

Blog Entries
    I would probably get the pattern and then double all the strip widths (would work if you first subtract .5" seam allowance from strip, then double width, then add the .5" seam allowance back in). But then, I tend to take chances........

Any other adjustments I would make by adding border strips in the necesssary widths.

Eleanor Burns has a great pattern called quick trip quilts go to her website WWW.quiltinaday.com and look at her videos it is very easy

I believe the others are right. It is a form of a Bargello! I might sound cheap, but I wouldn't even spend the money for the pattern. Duplicate what you see 6 times, thew the pieces together 2 per row. Sew the rows together so you have s finished area that is 2 x 3 of these huge blocks. Finish off with borders until you get it to the size that you desire.

Look at the books "Twist and Turn Bargello," and "Bargello Quilts with a Twist."

http://www.amazon.com/Bargello-Quilt...4376594&sr=1-2

I think you will find something that looks like you want.

Darren

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    To me, it sounds like the pattern called "Radiating Diamonds" by Nelline Kornock. There is no website but her email address is kornock@aol.com. Maybe she could send some pictures. I have bought this pattern; it is a type of bargello that gets "wider" as it goes out and looks like it was photographed through a fish-eye lens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    Eleanor Burns has a great pattern called quick trip quilts go to her website WWW.quiltinaday.com and look at her videos it is very easy
    I love E. B. Trip around the world which includes the perfect bargello pattern.