Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 11 Colors for a Bargello

Smile 11 Colors for a Bargello

Hi
    I found 11 different fabrics in teal to use for my cousin's quilt, who was recently diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. I even found the little teal ribbon fabric. I want to make a Bargello quilt, does anyone have a pattern that uses 11 fabrics? Most of the patterns that I have seen use 7 to 8 different fabrics. I started sewing the strip together last night and will probably finish this tonight, so tomorrow I would like to start cutting and need to know how much of was size. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    NormaBeth
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is
    fighting some kind of battle

i've made bargello's with 14-26 different fabrics---you can use as many as you want. sew your strip sets together- make your tubes- cut your strips then 'play' with the tubes moving them up and down to get a design you like- then open each tube at the appropriate intersection.
    if you type 'bargello quilts' into your search engine you will find many many patterns- some free- some cost-some in books.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

You don't actually have to have a pattern for a bargello quilt. As mentioned above, just play around with your strips until you are happy with the way they go together. The next time I do one, I'm going to be a little more adventurous and vary my heights of points more instead of all alike or mirror image like the first couple I did (small wall hangings).
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

joy
    I used 12 different materials... my friend used 14.... would not use any less... you need two of them to be light and two of them to be dark and the rest inbetween colours that go together.
    joy...

I made a coat with bargello pattern but had varied width strips for a little different look.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

as you are playing with the placement, remember for the best results, the adjacent strips should vary no more than 1/2 to one inch in width.

The one in my avatar used 6 colors. It was my second quilt.