Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Boys and a Mom Summer FW quilt

Blog Entries
    I posted the picture of our first block earlier this week. Below are the next two we got done.

In case your not farmilar with our story. My 10 and 14 year old sons are helping mom put together the "Famers Wife Sampler" quilt this summer. My youngest wanted to do a Civil War Sampler (Civil War Diary) in repoduction fabric but we can't afford the book or the fabric right now. So we settled on this book since it was a gift to me. We are doing it with what ever farbic we can get ahold of. Be it from our tiny supply (think shoe box size stash) or what we call Hand-me-down scraps from Nana or anyone else we can get them done.

We are not doing the blocks in order. But what ever we have the fabric for and fits our moods. I am trying to do the harder ones so that they boys get the eaiser ones. But I might leave the 32 piece block for one of them. They have smaller hands.
    They are not perfect. Nor will the quilt be perfect. I am not experienced as many of the woman on here. I've only been quilting serious for a year or so. But alot of this is being done by kids. Yes my 10 and 14 year old children.

Here are block #5 and #49

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...6-03175532.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...6-04220406.jpg[/IMG]

Blog Entries
    What a great mom you are!! I think that's a wonderful project, and getting your boys involved is super. C9P

I love that you and your sons are doing this together. One question who will get the quilt? (lol)

Way to go. love the time you have with your boys and the quilt you are makeing together. But you knoew that you will have to make two quilts the boy will love the summer they spend makeing quilts with you. Happy quilting.

Blog Entries
    More than likely it will go on the couch out in the family. Sure isn't going on my bed. Already don't like the colors in it.

Blog Entries
    My older son seen the Hobo, riding the rails book by the same author. So we might pick that book up next pay day (July) or the one in Aug. Than we can put that one together.

Blog Entries
    What a great summer project!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Rose. We are hoping once school lets out to each do one block a day. Or some how do 7 in a week. We could than get the quilt done in a month or so. Would love to be able to do a few other ones done with them this summer.

Wonderful project.

What a fun summer you will have. And what a wonderful memory you all are creating.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast