Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilting Goals

I would like to finish quilts for both kids, a fundraising quilt for Boy Scouts, a Bargello and a wall hanging for my guild's quilt show, and use my Bailey for all my quilts. I would also like to make all my Christmas gifts for the next year....there, that should keep me bussy and out of trouble.

I hope all of you reach your goals. Note to twooxover--deepest sympathy for the loss of your father. No one is laughing at you for your goals, hopefully you will meet them, but if not do not beat yourself up. I set some goals for the summer, and met only one of them. I knew when I set the goals that I would not meet them. It seems that once I set a goal, I freeze and cannot even get started. Good luck to all of you. As for me, I will just keep on keeping on. As long as I am having fun everything is good.
    Sdue

I made my daughter a hand pieced quilt wth over 3000 pieces in it for her wedding. I had the top done for her shower. I am quilting it by hand. My goal would be to finish quilting it in 2013, they just had their 20th wedding anniversary. Shame on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
    I made my daughter a hand pieced quilt wth over 3000 pieces in it for her wedding. I had the top done for her shower. I am quilting it by hand. My goal would be to finish quilting it in 2013, they just had their 20th wedding anniversary. Shame on me!!
    LOL, Jackie! Best of luck in reaching your goal!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

I want to try making quilts with more than straight lines. I've made four baby quilts, a quilt for DD and am almost finished with a quill for DH. They all are made with just straight lines. I want to venture out to make something like pinwheels, flying geese, something like that. I also want to improve on my FMQ.

1. I'll be thrilled if I stop buying fabric and do the quilts that I have all ready planned for and have the fabric all ready chosen for them in my stash.

2. I also have four quilt tops that need to be made into finished quilts.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I just want to quilt something! No lofty goals. I am not that good at it yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
    I hope all of you reach your goals. Note to twooxover--deepest sympathy for the loss of your father. No one is laughing at you for your goals, hopefully you will meet them, but if not do not beat yourself up. I set some goals for the summer, and met only one of them. I knew when I set the goals that I would not meet them. It seems that once I set a goal, I freeze and cannot even get started. Good luck to all of you. As for me, I will just keep on keeping on. As long as I am having fun everything is good.
    Sdue
    Thank you Sdue---I miss him more than I can say. It has been a rough 18 months and even rougher last few. I just kinda feel that if i make this resolution, even if i only meet it partially, i'll be making progress.

does anyone keep track of their sewing? i used to keep a diary of sorts for my riding..and need to get back to that. i wonder does anyone do the same with their sewing?

I have made a decision to not participate in so many swaps on the board. As much as I love them, I need to concentrate on UFO's and making things for my family. I am sad to say I will not participate in the next boom swap. I have done 4 of them so far. Also, I will make a more consience effort to pull from my stash instead of thinking I need to buy more fabric. I would also like to practice paper piecing so I can officially say I know how to do that.

Those sounds like really fun and reasonable goals. I might just copy that list.

And I will steal this one from sustraley-
    Also, I will make a more consience effort to pull from my stash instead of thinking I need to buy more fabric.
    Anna Quilts

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast