Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilting Goals

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My goals:
    Longarm more, quilts for DD and DS, Publish my book,(not quilt related), write a book for quilting, and teach quilting for beginners.

Blog Entries
    My goal is to use fabric from my stash and patterns on hand to make at least 2 new to me blocks (technique....wharever is in the pattern/book) each month. I would also like to start and maybe finish a queen Storm at Sea quilt for my bed.

1) I'd like to finish a queen size victorious star(Deb Tucker ruler) which I started this past spring.
    2) Make a quilt for my mom and mother-in-law.
    3) Go the AQS show in Lancaster.
    4) Make a quilt using redwork squares.
    5) Better my FMQ skills.
    6) Make a quilt to raffle off for a scholarship fund.

Good luck all and no matter what happens enjoy your time quilting
    Eileen

twoxover, if you are trying to make a 2 hour block of time, with your obligations it probably won't work, at least right off the bat. Use your timer and give yourself 15 minutes. If when you leave your quilting space ready to get to sewing you'll be amazed at what you can get done. Best wishes from all of us I'm sure.

Each year I choose something new to learn and for 2013 I'm already working a plan to get a good working treadle and by the end of the year to have pieced a top with at the very least 3000 pieces in it. This past year it was Mesoamericans. Fascinating but I don't know what I'll ever do with the knowledge

I am really enjoying this thread.

My goals for 2013: 1) make a bargello quilt for my bed (or bedroom wall, if it turns out well); 2) turn the hand-embroidered floral squares my (87 year old) mother started making five years ago into a quilt for her; 3) stay on top of preparations for the two craft shows I'll be doing, and not end up in a panic as they approach!; and 4) continue to improve my quilting/rest-of-life balance.

And maybe I should add 5) spend less time on the QB and more time quilting!!

Alison

My goal is to end 2013 with way fewer UFOs and WIPs on my list than I begin with.

Every year I make a list and check off the projects I finish. This year I started with 32. I finished 28. Pretty good, right? Yeah, until you consider that there are still 30 on the list.

I may have a problem...
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

I'm like Betsey, and it's overwhelming for me right now to plan for a year. I am doing a swap with my LA'r. I make as many 9 patches as I can out of stash fabs that she gave me, and she will credit me 1.00$ for every 9 patch for LA time. What a deal!!!!!!! She thinks she's getting the bargain as she never has time to sew. Busy business, mini-farm, husband and 2 teenage boys--hmmmm.

So for Jan, I want to finish the rest of the 9 patches. They are rose and green and cream, scrappy scrappy, and just beautiful.

Sucia (Melissa)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    twoxover, if you are trying to make a 2 hour block of time, with your obligations it probably won't work, at least right off the bat. Use your timer and give yourself 15 minutes. If when you leave your quilting space ready to get to sewing you'll be amazed at what you can get done. Best wishes from all of us I'm sure.

Each year I choose something new to learn and for 2013 I'm already working a plan to get a good working treadle and by the end of the year to have pieced a top with at the very least 3000 pieces in it. This past year it was Mesoamericans. Fascinating but I don't know what I'll ever do with the knowledge
    Kalama--

my goal is two hours/week. not a day...i'm not crazy! I do try to end my quilting time by setting up the next "thing"....so i can jump right in. Today (i have off this week...its amazing, i thought i would be so much more productive..not happening!) but i did play with the new walking foot the dh gave me for christmas (it's the new viking foot with interchangeable feet...) and did spray baste a large table topper/runner and started machine quilting it. ended at a good point, stuck a pin where i want to start....

Blog Entries
    My goals are to finish the designs I've already created, improve my binding (it's close but not yet what I want), learn how to foundation piece, and improve my fmq.

Really get proficient in FMQ, and finish at least 1 UFO before starting another project
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast