Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 3-D pinwheel quilt

Unhappy 3-D pinwheel quilt

Made a 3-D pinwheeel quilt top with blue pinwheels and Thomas the train blocks, then blue with dinasores on the back. Took to baby shower yesterday and she opened the package and said another blanket with dinasores, and replaced in bag. She did not even unfold or open it. I was not such a happy camper. Guess I will get over it.
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Blog Entries
    Oh snap!!! One of my favorite parts of making and gifting a quilt is the reaction from the person who gets it. Sometimes it is such a let down when they aren't as excited about our handiwork as we are.
    Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 05-20-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I would have said...oh, but it's not a blanket. It's a quilt that I made especially for the new baby. Then see what reaction she had.

Where's the picture? I want to see it. I love 3D pinwheels. We'll appreciate your hard work!
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

I think I would accidently picked it up when I got ready to leave and take it home. With a reaction like that she didn't deserve it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Ouch! That is just plain rude. I know when I give something away it's no longer mine, but sometimes it's hard not to at least expect a decent reaction. A 3D pinwheel is on my bucket list, and I'd love it if you'd post a pic if you have one.

I hate when that happens. I don't always expect gushing (but it's nice when it happens), but at least expect an acknowledgement of effort for a hand-made item.

I had a new mom open a gift - a blanket and complete outfit hand knitted - and say "what ... no money?"

I feel your pain.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

The receiver doesn't need to jump for joy but "thank you" is appropriate for any gift. I would have been annoyed with that reaction if I had just given a few store bought outfits or an item off the registry.

Too bad you did not get the reaction it deserved.

I feel your pain. I made a quilt for a woman I know to celebrate the adoption of a new baby who is named Genevieve Rose. I picked a rose colored theme. I thought it came out great. She barely looked at it and told me how she avoids pink as a stereotypical color for girls. I have never received even a halfhearted thank you. As a matter of fact the other day I was talking to her and mentioned the quilting class I teach and she said to me "Oh you quilt? You should talk to ------ she is into that too."

sigh.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Arlene

Quote Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
    Where's the picture? I want to see it. I love 3D pinwheels. We'll appreciate your hard work!
    Pictures of the 3-D pinwheel quiltName:  3-D quilt 004.JPG
Views: 620
Size:  608.2 KBName:  3-D quilt 003.JPG
Views: 606
Size:  624.2 KBName:  3-D quilt 002.JPG
Views: 1119
Size:  684.6 KB
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.