Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 4 Patch Orientals

Blog Entries
    Cleaning thru a lot of stuff stashed away & found a bag of 31/2" unfinished 4 patches I did at least 5-6 yrs ago.Didn't know what to do with them & still don't.
    Any ideas what to make with them? What pattern would work? I can make some other blocks, but the fabric won't match.

I have a similar batch of random blues in 4 patch and I have been trying out the various Disappearing 4 Patch techniques and just sort of randomly putting the blocks next to each other and stitching them together. So far I have intentionally alternated pinwheel blocks with straight cut. But the straight cut ones are cut at different widths and are not all alike. May do the additional cuts on some of the pinwheels too.
    I will most likely make some additional blocks as I have plenty more blues and don't have but about 20 or so blocks done.

I had a bunch of small four patches (4 1/2") and I framed them using 2 1/2" strips to measure 8 1/2". I used a variety of blues and tans to make the frames and alternated them for the quilt top. My sister loved it and it really is an attractive quilt. In my opinion, your blocks are too small to make a sucessful D4P.

Blog Entries
    if they are all orientals/asians, use a completely different asian for the sashings. i'm sure it will be pretty.

How about placemats or table runners? You could alternate the blocks with solid color white or cream blocks.