Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
5/47 of Illusion Bargello done >

5/47 of Illusion Bargello done

5/47 of Illusion Bargello done

Old 05-26-2015, 05:19 AM

I think it is going to turn out beautiful. Did you get the kit or just the pattern and pick your own colors? If you picked your own colors----you did wonderful. Color coordinating is not my forte so I always take my best friend with me when I have a project to start. I have seen this pattern many times and wished that I had purchased the kit. You are doing great-keep up the great progress and please share with the QB as much as you can
Old 05-26-2015, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Looks fine to me Dina tho I have never done this one. Just so much easier with a design wall. You DO have patience even if you don't realize it yet!
Old 05-26-2015, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I think it is going to turn out beautiful. Did you get the kit or just the pattern and pick your own colors? If you picked your own colors----you did wonderful. Color coordinating is not my forte so I always take my best friend with me when I have a project to start. I have seen this pattern many times and wished that I had purchased the kit. You are doing great-keep up the great progress and please share with the QB as much as you can
Thanks for the encouragement. I didn't buy the kit, didn't even know there was one. But I was able to get all the fabric from my stash, except the black. I felt pretty good about that. You may not want to suggest that I post often, as I think I tend to over post anyway...but I find I like (and need??) the encouragement along the way...a lot.

Dina

Last edited by Dina; 05-26-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Looks fine to me Dina tho I have never done this one. Just so much easier with a design wall. You DO have patience even if you don't realize it yet!
Yeah, well, I am working on the patience thing. I have just realized....on row 6 now, that there will be two places in each row where I say "Now that can't be right!" ...But it is. I am doing a lot of double checking because of that.

Dina
Old 05-26-2015, 08:29 AM

Wow This is going to be gorgeous!! Will be following your progress, love photos!!!
Old 05-26-2015, 09:03 AM

Dina, your quilt is coming along beautifully! I have the Lockwood "Disco" pattern that I'm so excited to try. It calls for Maywood Shadowplay fabrics and they are not readily available anymore (I've searched the net) What fabrics did you use for the gorgeous colors?
Old 05-26-2015, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Dina, your quilt is coming along beautifully! I have the Lockwood "Disco" pattern that I'm so excited to try. It calls for Maywood Shadowplay fabrics and they are not readily available anymore (I've searched the net) What fabrics did you use for the gorgeous colors?
I had all of these fabrics in my stash, except for the black, so I can't help too much. I do tend to shop at Hobby Lobby, so some might be from there.

I hope you can find fabric you like. It is a tricky step, though I try not to stress over it too much. (However, if you ask anyone who knows me, I stress over everything, so I may not be too successful at that.)

Dina
Old 05-26-2015, 10:34 AM

Thank you, Dina. Yes, I'm sure I can find what I need at Fabric Depot.

Now I just have to find where I "stored" the pattern!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Thank you, Dina. Yes, I'm sure I can find what I need at Fabric Depot.

Now I just have to find where I "stored" the pattern!
Funny, I just looked at my pattern and it also suggested Maywood Shadowplay fabrics. Must be a collection he really liked! I also looked at the Disco pattern. Beautiful!! (I also seem to be stalling...back to quilting...)

Dina
Old 05-26-2015, 12:35 PM

Dina - you are our Bargello Queen. Keep on goin' girl - It's going to be beautiful.