Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
? About Inspira Quilting Frame >

? About Inspira Quilting Frame

? About Inspira Quilting Frame

Old 07-29-2014, 10:44 AM

Default ? About Inspira Quilting Frame

I found someone selling this frame for $500.00. He says he bought it brand new for $1,300.00 set it up but his wife never used it so he packed it back up. I know nothing about this frame. Is it worth the price and would I be able to use my Brother 1500 on it? How large of a quilt will this do? Any and all info would be great.

TIA
Old 07-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

I have an inspira with a Viking 8X18 (Tin Lizzie). As everything else, the frame has pros & cons. The poles are aluminum and joined in the middle, so you can set it up at 5' (quilting area about 3.5') or 10' (quilting area about 8.5'). the join is very smooth and I don't run into any issues when quilting across it. It is less rigid than the steel poles that come with higher end (like 3X the price) frames, so you can't lean on the pole while quilting. The frame itself is also very sturdy and you can store a ton of stuff under it. It does not have a dead bar. The thing I don't like is that the rails that the machine base ride on are plastic and can nick & deteriorate. They are readily available, but you have to take the whole dang frame apart to replace them. I have been told that it is due to the weight of the machine, so with a lighter weight machine you may be OK. The frame is made by Grace, so I would contact them directly to make sure that your machine is compatible. The original price he gave you is about right, you have to decide on how much you want to pay for it
Old 07-29-2014, 11:36 AM

Several years ago I had an inspira frame and a Pfaff Grand Quilter 1200. I purchased it used from my local dealer for $1500 (that price included both the frame and the machine). I think when the inspira frame first came out, the GQ was the machine they sold with it. It would quilt up to a king size quilt. I found it to be really sturdy and I never had any issues with it. I ended up selling it because it was just too large, took up half my living room, that was the only place I could put it. I now do my fmq on a Brother 1500. Sounds like a good deal to me. You just want to be sure you have a machine that will fit properly on it. I would follow PaperPrincess' advice and call Grace and be sure your 1500 will fit on it.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Also remember that you will be limited more by the throat size of your machine than by the frame size.