View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 11:08 AM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

I have an inspira with a Viking 8X18 (Tin Lizzie). As everything else, the frame has pros & cons. The poles are aluminum and joined in the middle, so you can set it up at 5' (quilting area about 3.5') or 10' (quilting area about 8.5'). the join is very smooth and I don't run into any issues when quilting across it. It is less rigid than the steel poles that come with higher end (like 3X the price) frames, so you can't lean on the pole while quilting. The frame itself is also very sturdy and you can store a ton of stuff under it. It does not have a dead bar. The thing I don't like is that the rails that the machine base ride on are plastic and can nick & deteriorate. They are readily available, but you have to take the whole dang frame apart to replace them. I have been told that it is due to the weight of the machine, so with a lighter weight machine you may be OK. The frame is made by Grace, so I would contact them directly to make sure that your machine is compatible. The original price he gave you is about right, you have to decide on how much you want to pay for it