Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: ? about jelly rolls

What are made from these? Strip quilts? I've always admired them but don't know what to do with a jelly roll.

You can make: braids, log cabins, use them for binding. There are some more possibilities but can not think of them.

Kyia

I just bought a pattern to make tote bags from jelly rolls. I got it from connecting threads.

Anything you need strips for. I've seen rail fence quilts made from these that are amazing and go together in no time at all. Some companies even use pinking (sp) sheers to cut the edges to prevent fray. My local quilt store sells them in color groups and even has a finsihed quilt of what it looks like if you use fill in the blank pattern.

I bought a jelly roll and a charm pack that I am using for my Daddy's quilt. Cuz I am a daddy's girl :wink: But I designed a star pattern thanks to inspiration from Don (isewman). There are books you can buy too--I've seen a few.

Are there different lengths in a jelly roll? Or are they a certain length? How long are they usually?

Most come the width of the fabric - 42-46" in general.

nope you get 2 1/2" strips by umm not sure. I got like 40 strips and maybe 3 were repeats --just a couple strips. I can measure the few I haven't cut into yet. Trying to save a few for borders.

Hummm, can you see that wheel in my brain spinning with ideas now?

Thanks for the info!

no prob. it's a nice way to get a little bit of every fabric in a collection and have a nice matchy scrap quilt. The one i'm working on is kansas troubles snow bloom. i love it. i'm thinking of drawing up a ginko leaf since my dad is very into the arts and craft style of home decor. I figure I'll probably use that as a quilting pattern on the blocks somewhere. if it matches the fabrics....heh heh.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast