Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
accu quilt go >

accu quilt go

accu quilt go

Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 AM

who all has the accu quilt go? and do you love it? use it often? would you suggest buying one? thanks for all input!! nancy
Old 08-30-2011, 06:56 AM
Banned

I bought one and several of the dies then gave to a quilting friend. If you cut a lot of special shapes I could see the use but I never used much. If I was cutting a 6" square I had to cut fabric to fit thru machine so why not just cut the square. I used the strip cutter a few times but again if I have to cut to fit thru roller area why not just cut the strip. However that said many people love em. I found the mats too costly. I cut a rag quilt top and used 2 $12 mats. There were holes in the first one half way thru. Again just my opinion.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by grammy nancy
who all has the accu quilt go? and do you love it? use it often? would you suggest buying one? thanks for all input!! nancy
Hi Nancy,
I have the Studio cutter. I LOVE mine. I use it everytime I make a quilt. I find it easy to look a quilt and come up with the pattern geared around the dies I have. Hope that makes sense. I use the strip dies the most, but I have the other dies and they come in handy. You can even get a custom die with studio. I've heard people do that for bags/purses. Since I don't make my own purse it hasn't sold me. Hope that's helpful.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:08 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I love mine.. The mats are considered disposable, so plan on buying back ups for your back ups.. I use my go alot so I can easily go thru a mat a month... Ive got most if not all the dies- with the exception of the newer appliques- no interest really.. Love the Tumblers, and the 2inch dies- MY TWO FAVORITES !! I have the 9inch hex Try-it Die coming in this week.. YAY..

I dont regret mine, I love it..
Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 AM

thanks for the info I'm not sure I do enough applique to justify the price of an accu go. i have to give it some serious thought they look fun if nothing else!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:04 AM

I love it love it love it and I use it for strips and triangles and even some applique although I don't do a lot of it.

Saves my wrists from aching and saves many hours of cutting
Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

thanks for the info I'm not sure I do enough applique to justify the price of an accu go. i have to give it some serious thought they look fun if nothing else!
check the website they cut geometrical shapes that can be sewn into blocks, as well as strips and appliques.. Applique is not my thing either.. but I love the Rag dies too..
Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

My Go is over three years old and still works like new. I would buy it again. I have most all the dies. I like applique that cuts perfectly with the fusible on the back, so easy and no time wasted cutting out the shapes. I'm not that fussy about getting the gain line right so I heavy starch my fabric before cutting. I will buy a big mat and cut it to fit the smaller dies, cheaper when the big mat is on sale then buying smaller mats on sale. I can always find an online sale for dies and mats when I need them.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:40 AM

I am waiting for a "GO" to "COME" my way one day. I have lots of patience.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:36 AM

I just got my Go! recently. I got the 3 size hex die. I cut my cardboard hexes with the smell size and my fabric with the medium. I don't think I would even consider doing the GFG I'm working on without it.