Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accu Quilt GO Fabric Cutter and Accu Quilt Go Baby.

I made an error and made the topic Cricut.. big oopsy. Sorry about that. I would like to know from people that have them, are they worth the money? I have some arthritis in my right hand and I dread cutting . What are the preferences here concerning the 2 machines. Christmas is coming quickly and I purchased some fabric yesterday but already ouchy cutting. Looking for alternatives.

Thank you in advance..

I have the Go, and I TOTALLY love it. I havent seen the Baby at all, but the price seems really good to me!
    I DO feel the Go was worth the money......

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    I have the Go, and I TOTALLY love it. I havent seen the Baby at all, but the price seems really good to me!
    I DO feel the Go was worth the money......
    Thank you for your info CarrieAnne. I have been looking on the internet for best prices. Will start calling local stores soon.

How many layers of fabric (peices you can cut from) do you put in the Go ? I read someplace the Baby only does 3 or 4 layers but I'm not positive on that.

I have the GO and only do about 2-3 layers at a time. Otherwise it is too hard to turn. Flannel definitely only 2.

Read all the info and beware of your grainline on some dies. Read, read all the information you can as with any product there are ways to make it a better experience. :D :D

I only do about two or three layers too. Not sure about the Baby.
    Our JoAnns has the Go on sale for 249.00 right now, but I know ladies here have gotten them online cheaper. The one at JAs has one die, and one mat in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    I have the GO and only do about 2-3 layers at a time. Otherwise it is too hard to turn. Flannel definitely only 2.

Read all the info and beware of your grainline on some dies. Read, read all the information you can as with any product there are ways to make it a better experience. :D :D
    Thank you dakotamaid! I have to read up on the difference between the GO and the Go Baby. Not just the price but the amount of layers is important to me. The more the better but it also goes by price.. Also have to find out if the dyes are interchangeable in both. Time for me to do some homework.

I only do about two or three layers too. Not sure about the Baby.
    Our JoAnns has the Go on sale for 249.00 right now, but I know ladies here have gotten them online cheaper. The one at JAs has one die, and one mat in it.
    THats a great price. I looked at a Baby yesterday at a small store and it was close to $150.

It just dawned on me. you are referring to layers of cloth and I am thinking.. you only get 2 or 3 cut each time you do it.... the dyes allow for the layers of fabric but the dyes are set up for many on a dye ? I guess that is a question... terrribly written. the thickness is 2 or 3 layers and the die cut would be as much as allowed for the size of the put in the die. ex: 18 inches of fabric long. 4 inch would be needed for each one to be cut so that would be 16 cut out of that length. I have no clue of the width and length of the die...Def time to go study the 2. It does sound like the one on sale at Joannes is worth looking into and will check internet also!

If you use the search feature above you'll find a thousand threads(maybe a small exaggeration) about it.

The Go can take many sizes of dies. I am bd at expalining....you put 2or 3 layers of cloth on the dye, andit cuts the shapes. Each die is diffrent...like the 5 inch sq. has 2. The 6 1/2 has only one. The 2 inch has 6....

Blog Entries
    I have the Go and I has been a lifesaver for my sore hands and back. I cut 2 - 4 layers at a time. The handle may be a little hard to turn the first cuts. It loosens up and turns very smooth after awhile. If you want to do mass cutting or cut lots of layers you will need the Studio model. The Go Baby will use only the narrow die boards and will be less stable as it is very lightweight. The Go Baby is a great buy now, $99 from pre order shops. The dies will last for years of personal cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    If you use the search feature above you'll find a thousand threads(maybe a small exaggeration) about it.
    Thanks.. !!!

QKO
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I have the Go and I has been a lifesaver for my sore hands and back. I cut 2 - 4 layers at a time. The handle may be a little hard to turn the first cuts. It loosens up and turns very smooth after awhile. If you want to do mass cutting or cut lots of layers you will need the Studio model. The Go Baby will use only the narrow die boards and will be less stable as it is very lightweight. The Go Baby is a great buy now, $99 from pre order shops. The dies will last for years of personal cutting.
    We use the Studio cutter. You really shouldn't cut more than 4 layers of cloth in that one either, although it's possible to do up to 8 or more layers. With more than 4 layers in any of them you are taking the risk of the fabric stretching, giving you variance in the size of your end product.

The Go can take many sizes of dies. I am bd at expalining....you put 2or 3 layers of cloth on the dye, andit cuts the shapes. Each die is diffrent...like the 5 inch sq. has 2. The 6 1/2 has only one. The 2 inch has 6....
    COOL.. You all have told of the time saved and the exactness of the cut.. I DID IT. just ordered the Go on Amazon with free shipping too. Cost $225. 2 day shipping. DONE... wow... I am soo excited! I bought fabric yesterday for a small quilt for my daughter in laws couch for Christmas. I want to put fleece on the back and all cotton on front.. She likes to cuddle up .
    I am soo excited about gettting it. Thank you all so much with the info! Went and read too online.. Have been seeing it talked about in other threads here..

I have the Go cutter and I simply love it!! The die I use the most are the 2 1/2"!!

I have been crawling all over this fantastic site since I signed up.. Copying down all kinds of information..

You all are such a wealth of info! I purchased some books but I find more great info here than in the books!

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    There are surely is a ton of info here!! BTW.....is the picture by your name a wallhanging? Everytime I see that I wonder. Thought it was time to ask. It is beautiful... If it is...did you give a lesson on it????

Quote Originally Posted by QKO
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    We use the Studio cutter. You really shouldn't cut more than 4 layers of cloth in that one either, although it's possible to do up to 8 or more layers. With more than 4 layers in any of them you are taking the risk of the fabric stretching, giving you variance in the size of your end product.

Actually, I'll have to disagree with this statement. The Studio is built and sold to do 8 layers of cottons easily. And gets better cuts with more layers. This is what makes it commercial grade. I actually do 10 -12 layers of cottons with no problems. With flannels I lower it to 6-8 layers.

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    I have the Go cutter and I simply love it!! The die I use the most are the 2 1/2"!!
    I have been looking at the dies... they sure are pricey. I already want to many of them!!

Love the log cabins with leafs in them.. so 2 dies there

Oh, There are so many nice ones. I already want a few of the new onescomeing out in Nov. A dog and kitty!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Carrieanne, if you do cats will you let me know??? I want some cats!!! :)

Contests! Here's a quilted who reviewed a GO and gave one away on his blog. I thought his reviews-over a week or two-were quite insightful. http://www.ryanwalshquilts.com/2010/...-giveaway.html

I have the GO and absolutely love it! I cannot believe how easy to use and how little time you take to cut out your pattern pieces. I highly recommend it!

That sounds cute with the pup and kitty

Blog Entries
    I also have the Go and love that little beauty. I'm horrible with a rotary cutter plus it takes too long. Line up the fabric on the Go dies, crank and voila', done. Now, if they can come out with a machine that sews them together I'm home free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast