Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accu Quilt GO Fabric Cutter and Accu Quilt Go Baby. >

Accu Quilt GO Fabric Cutter and Accu Quilt Go Baby.

Accu Quilt GO Fabric Cutter and Accu Quilt Go Baby.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned

This doesn't actually address the AccuQuilt issue, but as a person with a bad back, the thing that has made a huge difference in my ability to cut, lay out, and do most other quilting task is my 34-inch tall folding table (think it's a Sullivan, not sure) Top is 36" by 59". It is only 11 inches wide when folded up, and has wheels. (Also good for many other uses as well--cooking prep, buffet service, etc.) JoAnn often has this table on sale for $50 or so. It's surprising how those few additional inches in height made a HUGE difference in comfort while doing sewing of any kind.

Dana
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 AM

I had one. It was not good investment. The dies are too expensive. Too hard to toun. I ha e an Accu cut that I love.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:56 AM

We lived in Acton, ME for 8 years, on the Fox's Ridge Road.

I know your area well.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:34 PM

I have the regular size. If I had known they had a bigger size, I would have bought that one. I would never get the BabyGo because, the dies are so small that you have to cut more times than if you had the larger ones. Example: the regular AccuQuilt has a die that has 4 HST, but the Baby die has only 2. It is the same amount of turning the crank, but you get more for your crank(haha) with the regular size.
Elizabeth
Old 10-24-2010, 10:35 AM
QKO

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by QKO
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have the Go and I has been a lifesaver for my sore hands and back. I cut 2 - 4 layers at a time. The handle may be a little hard to turn the first cuts. It loosens up and turns very smooth after awhile. If you want to do mass cutting or cut lots of layers you will need the Studio model. The Go Baby will use only the narrow die boards and will be less stable as it is very lightweight. The Go Baby is a great buy now, $99 from pre order shops. The dies will last for years of personal cutting.
We use the Studio cutter. You really shouldn't cut more than 4 layers of cloth in that one either, although it's possible to do up to 8 or more layers. With more than 4 layers in any of them you are taking the risk of the fabric stretching, giving you variance in the size of your end product.

Actually, I'll have to disagree with this statement. The Studio is built and sold to do 8 layers of cottons easily. And gets better cuts with more layers. This is what makes it commercial grade. I actually do 10 -12 layers of cottons with no problems. With flannels I lower it to 6-8 layers.
I guess my statement was a little misleading. The Studio can indeed cut more layers, the recommended limit is 10 layers.

What I really meant to say was you need to be careful about how many layers you are cutting.

If you are, for instance, cutting 5 inch squares off the width of fabric, you will get 4 squares to a fold (5-6 inch strip). That's four layers. However, since the 5 inch square cutter like many other dies, shares a common border, when you overlap two strips to cut squares from two different fabrics, you will in fact be cutting 8 layers at that point, so you need to watch out the number of actual layers you are putting in the machine, at the overlap points.

I agree also that the Studio cutter is an excellent high-volume cutter, probably why we have one. :mrgreen:

Sorry about my original, poorly-written comment.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Hi did you know the Baby GO! arrived in Canada - only one store has it - www.stitchintheditch.com and they had it on facebook to day that they are sending them out.
They also have the Westminster/sizzix Big Shot Pro this is the one that takes the large dies - Accuquilt Studio! size and it also takes the GO! dies! it takes the Sizzix smaller dies as well, so that is pretty great, they have large strip dies etc and I think they are much cheaper than the Studio, I have wanted a few of the Studio but it makes no sense to buy that machine just for one manufacturers dies, and then the Studio are sooooo expensive! So I am thinking of getting this new Big Shot Pro,
from www.stitchintheditch.com next year - they are going to make up samples with the machine etc and I would like to know from them how all the dies are working on the machine. So anyone interested in knowing how well the GO! and Studio dies work on this new machine call this store and they can tell you first hand. they told me they will post on their learning and sharing post on Facebook so if any one wants to join there it will allow you to get information or ask questions. I believe it is under the store name with sharing and learning added.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:07 PM

I love my GO! and am planning a 30% sale after the first of the year.