Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt die problems? >

Accuquilt die problems?

Accuquilt die problems?

Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 AM

Default Accuquilt die problems?

I finally invested in an Accuquilt Go baby, got a great deal on e-Bay. Bought with it the value die since it's not included with the baby cutter. I also bought 2 different sized mats (5X10 and 6X6). I didn't read well enough to see that the value dies need the 6X12 mat, so it was no real surprise that the die didn't cut properly with the 5X10 mat.
I went to Joann's today to get the 6X12 mat (25% off all accuquilt thru tomorrow). I also got the 4.5" HST die since it was on sale. I used the HST die with the 6X12 mat--beautiful cuts!! However, the value die still doesn't cut the pieces all around, and the mats have thicker almost serrated looking marks on it. It looks like the die isn't sharp enough to cut the fabric.
Has anyone else experienced this?
If so...what did you do about it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:26 AM

I had an issue with my value die that came with my Go too. I was cutting squares with it and then all of a sudden one of the edges was wonky. I looked at the die and one of the metal pieces had bent. I didn't use any more than 4 layers of fabric. I can't remember if I called or emailed Accuquilt and they sent me out a new one. I would contact them.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM

Thanks!
I'm going to e-mail them and see what happens!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:01 PM

"Hi,
I would check with who you purchased it through to see if they can assist you if it needs replace. I have some tips for cutting that may help and if you give us a call on monday 8-5pm CST we can also help you. Here is a link to try.http://www.accuquilt.com/aqu/<wbr>tips.html also try to cut out a piece of paper as if it were the fabric if it still doesnt cut there is a problem with the die. I hope this help. Our number is 888-258-7913.
Thanks!"

Well...I'm not feeling very hopeful about getting a replacement. I did e-mail the seller, though I don't see how it's their issue when the product is supposed to be covered with a manufacturer's warranty against defects for one year. ONE USE later and it simply doesn't cut.
I really like the concept and can see myself using this thing alot--if it works.
Maybe I should just take it all back and say forget it.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by dixie_fried View Post
"Hi,
I would check with who you purchased it through to see if they can assist you if it needs replace. I have some tips for cutting that may help and if you give us a call on monday 8-5pm CST we can also help you. Here is a link to try.http://www.accuquilt.com/aqu/<wbr>tips.html also try to cut out a piece of paper as if it were the fabric if it still doesnt cut there is a problem with the die. I hope this help. Our number is 888-258-7913.
Thanks!"

Well...I'm not feeling very hopeful about getting a replacement. I did e-mail the seller, though I don't see how it's their issue when the product is supposed to be covered with a manufacturer's warranty against defects for one year. ONE USE later and it simply doesn't cut.
I really like the concept and can see myself using this thing alot--if it works.
Maybe I should just take it all back and say forget it.
Accuquilt stands behind there product! There customer service is excellent and I actually have had 2 different dies that I had to contact them about and they replaced both of them free of charge. The first one, they just sent a replacement. The second one they wanted the damaged die. They wanted me to pay the postage to return it to them and I told them that I didn't feel as if I should pay to return the damaged non functioning die. They did then send me a postage paid label to send it back to them. They sent me out the replacement for both of the dies and I got them within just a couple of days of contacting them. The seller may be helpful but I found that it was just easier to contact Accuquilt directly.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:55 PM

Once I got the time to actually CALL them, I got to talk to a very nice lady named Paige. She was extremely understanding and helpful. Immediately emailed me the RMA number so I can mail it back and they will send a replacement.
Lesson learned: don't bother e-mailing them. Go on and call...you'll get results that way.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:46 PM

Can anyone tell me if it's normal for some of the die blades to stay raised above the foam.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:43 AM

In my experience the die blades should NOT normally be above the foam. Was the die stored with other dies or something else stacked on top? This could compress the foam and expose the die blades (which is what happens when rolling through the die cutter. Dies should be stood on end/side - not laid flat and stacked on top of each other.