Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Advice on Longarm Quilting machines >

Advice on Longarm Quilting machines

Advice on Longarm Quilting machines

Old 03-30-2014, 05:02 PM

I have a Gammill Premier Plus, and I love it! I have never regretted spending the couple of extra dollars for it, the dealer support has been phenomenal, and the machine is all I could have wanted. So I would suggest you at least try one of them when you are looking...and they DO have some gently used ones. No affiliation with my dealer or Gammill...I just love my machine!
Old 03-30-2014, 05:56 PM

I have a Crown Jewel that I purchased 3 years ago and I love it. I didn't get the computer set up so I do free motion only.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JT View Post
Where can you buy Innova? Is Innova the brand name or is that a model from a brand?
Innova is the brand. Here is their website:
http://innovalongarm.com/

I test drove several different longarm machines at several different quilt shows. Innova was my favorite hands-down. There are groups for each of the longarm brands at groups.yahoo.com . I joined several and have paid special attention to the two Innova groups; they seem to be the happiest with their setups. An Innova with lightning stitch is my "dream" machine.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Craftnut View Post
I have an A-1. Honestly, you will find people who love or dislike every make and model out there. The best advice is to try them yourself. When I was researching for mine, I went to several quilt shows, even one three hours drive away, in order to try them all out. Contacting the manufacturer may give you some people in your area willing to let you come over and see theirs. I have done this twice now, paying it forward for those that helped me in the same way. In the end, you need to decide what features you most want balanced by your budget. For me it was cruise control, hydraulic legs, a steel frame, less weight to move around, and a 22-inch throat. I wanted more than a mid-arm (up to 16 inches), as I wanted to be able to grow into maybe a business later. For now, I only do charity quilting and quilting for myself. But, I have the ability to move into a business, plus it can have a computer added later if I want.
All, enormous thanks for all your replies!! Truth be told, it was the A1 I first saw years ago and haven't ever gotten it out of my mind. I know it's pricey, but I also know it's one fabulous machine. Think Innova has support here, as well. I'll keep working on my dry erase board doing quilting patterns as I continue searching. Love you all!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 PM

I have a Babylock Crown Jewel with a Qbot and I love it! The only issues I've had have been thread breaking a couple of times. But usually that's because I set the machine to go too fast on the Qbot (above 100% can be too fast on some designs), and once because I forgot to adjust the tension when using metallic thread. But it always sews like a dream and works great with my Qbot. If I had it to do again I'd still get the same machine. And I guess it depends on where you live as to whether the HQ Avante or the Crown Jewel is the less expensive of the 2. I love them both (since they're the same machine) but this one saved me like $1,000 with the deal I got on it. Good luck finding the right machine for you!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:57 AM

I have a Nolting 24" Pro on 12ft table. I think I died am in heaven.