Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Products Vicki Welsh recommened for color control >

Products Vicki Welsh recommened for color control

Products Vicki Welsh recommened for color control

Old 03-31-2014, 11:24 AM

Default Products Vicki Welsh recommened for color control

Went to Costco but they have changed the name of the Dawn to Ultra Advanced Power with over night soaking in five minutes and the Kirland laundry detergent Vicki mentions also has changed its name. Will we get the same results with these new products.
Do you think it will help to keep the colors from running with these new products?
Old 04-01-2014, 04:36 AM

yes i have boughten the dawn to ultra advanced power and it works great. same great product.
my sister in law says she likes it better. stronger for remove grease
Old 04-01-2014, 05:44 AM

Be careful when buying "cheap" Dawn. We have two new Dollar General stores here and for their grand opening, they had $5 off $20 coupons in the paper. That is a good deal - 25% off. So, I thought I would stock up on toilet paper, paper towels, etc. and had $19 in my cart and threw in a bottle of blue Dawn detertent to make the $20. A day or two later, when I started using the new bottle of Dawn, I noticed that I had to use more and more Dawn. I had an old bottle under my sink and the old bottle said "concentrated" and the new bottle did not say that. So, I found the toll free number on the back of the new bottle and called the company. They said that they make a "non-concentrated" version of Dawn for people who do not like the concentrated version. WHAT? So, bottom line, I think they make a cheaper version of Dawn for these dollar type stores.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

I always buy the non concentrated. Concentrated just means less water in the product and you will use more. Dawn didn't make the concentrated to save the company money. I have the Advanced Soak Dawn and use it to spot treat grease stains on clothes. It works great.