Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Advice please on Quilting stores etc to visit in Colorado >

Advice please on Quilting stores etc to visit in Colorado

Advice please on Quilting stores etc to visit in Colorado

Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM

I live in the Denver area. As AtHomeSewing suggested, Harriett's Treadle Arts is a wonderful shop. Someone else suggested Fabric Expressions, which has a great selection, and their address is 3625 W. Bowles Ave., #13, in Littleton. There is also a new little shop in Lakewood called Emily's Sewing Basket. Not as large as the other two, but a nice shop that is trying to build their business. Nice ladies there, too.

I had a terrible time finding anything in Vail. My husband and I spent a week just outside of Vail (in Avon) and we spent most of an afternoon looking for a shop and never found one. If you get as Estes Park, there are a couple of great shops there. High Country Amish Quilts, 870 Moraine Ave. and Maggie Mae's Quilts, 242 Moraine Ave.

If you need anymore information for the Colorado area, just let me know.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:46 PM

I second the recommendations for Great American Quilt Factory in Denver and Holly's Quilt Cabin in Littleton. Also High Prairie Quilts in Parker. All nice shops with nice fabric and nice people!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:49 AM

Thanks for your advice! I think that its going to be a great quilting trip! I cant wait! I have had a great afternoon as my friend has been visiting and we have nearly made a quilt top. I normally like to hand sew but she is teaching me how to use my sewing machine without sewing my fingers too. Its a great machine and will even quilt- I guess that I will get to that later! I really think that I need to learn otherwise I won't ever get to use all this fantastic fabric that Im going to buy! Im back to school next week and that will constrain my available sewing time so this weekend is going to be really great. I have the house to myself ( except my trusty cat), my school work is all prepared so Im sewing. We are promised good weather for Sunday too. Hope you have a great weekend.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:25 PM

I just joined the forum, so I wasn't aware of your question until now. I am a Colorado resident. Many really good quilt stores in this state. Durango has a great quilt store that used to belong to Jackie Robinson. Can't remember the name, but it is on the highway heading towards Cortez. Also, while your are in Grand Junction visit Hi Fashion Fabrics and Quilters Corner. Both good selections. Colorado Springs has 3 or 4 quilt stores that I have meant to visit, but haven't yet. If your come up through Alamosa and Del Norte-they each have good little stores--in other words--plenty of options! Have fun in sunny Colorado!