Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: All White or maybe white tone on tone quilt

Hi Ladies, with so many creative people on this board I thought I would ask for some help with deciding my next project (s). I have it in mind to make a queen size all white quilt or maybe I should do a white tone on tone if I can find one?

What would you suggest I consider when embarking on this type of project? I am also considering using a different fabric other than 100% cotton for a change and might use a cotton poly blend for ease of washing and drying if I decide on an all over white. Just something else I am considering.

Cheers
    Maybe1day

I prefer tone on tone personally. Not quite so stark.

One thing to consider is your quilting thread color....you can do all sorts of cool things there if you want!

Maybe add in some light creams and taupes. And yes, tone on tone, so much texture to help that white and off white along. I made one years ago for a niece's wedding and it turned out so lovely. Sorry, that was before digital cameras so no pic!!

Whole cloth, applique or pieced?

i've done 2 all white quilts- one a twin which i just used a white on white on one side and a white flannel on the other- quilted it with pink thread- then bound it with a turquoise binding- it is my oldest granddaughters quilt---at my house- she has a spectacular quilt of her own-
    and the quilt that we have on our bed is white- again with a white flannel back- wool batting and just quilted- i don't think of it as anything special- someone had requested it- i started it then they called & said they changed their mind- so i just kept it- it fits the bed- and i love the fluffiness of the wool batt!

for one of my sister in law's i made an all tans/creams quilt- star blocks with an appliqued center- all light neutrals= everyone loves that one too!
    so...if you want to piece one i think even if it's all white it should have different whites- white on whites, different prints textures-
    if it's going to be a whole cloth- you could be creative with a varigated thread- or choose any color= i will say---quilting my big one with white thread was a pain- it's hard to see what you are doing when everything is white- just like its hard to quilt a black quilt with black thread.

Blog Entries
    Here's someone whe is making an all white Farmer's Wife quilt:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-143139-1.htm

ought to be spectacular when it's done.

Here is a fun and done baby quilt done in all whit polished cotton.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting. Will love seeing pix.

Blog Entries
    i saw a grandmothers fan at the LA that was simply beautiful. she used shades of white for the blades and a WOW for the rest of it. I never thought it would be so beautiful...