Old 10-01-2011, 03:32 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i've done 2 all white quilts- one a twin which i just used a white on white on one side and a white flannel on the other- quilted it with pink thread- then bound it with a turquoise binding- it is my oldest granddaughters quilt---at my house- she has a spectacular quilt of her own-
and the quilt that we have on our bed is white- again with a white flannel back- wool batting and just quilted- i don't think of it as anything special- someone had requested it- i started it then they called & said they changed their mind- so i just kept it- it fits the bed- and i love the fluffiness of the wool batt!

for one of my sister in law's i made an all tans/creams quilt- star blocks with an appliqued center- all light neutrals= everyone loves that one too!
so...if you want to piece one i think even if it's all white it should have different whites- white on whites, different prints textures-
if it's going to be a whole cloth- you could be creative with a varigated thread- or choose any color= i will say---quilting my big one with white thread was a pain- it's hard to see what you are doing when everything is white- just like its hard to quilt a black quilt with black thread.