Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Almost slipped off the wagon

Blog Entries
    Good choice! I don't really think it's an absolute, absolute "no buy". It's you'll promise to use your stash as much as possible. Only if and when you can't use it, go for it...

Love your colors and the quilt, please post a picture when it's done.

As long as you finish the first quilt, I give you permission to buy whatever you need (to complete what you have in your stash)to begin a new project. If you finish something you can start a new one.

My resolution this year is to only buy things to complete things that involve things that are already started. Since you have your stash, that counts as already started!

I not only slipped off the wagon, it ran over me as I lay gasping on the ground. LOL Lots of fabrics at the thrift store as I guess people are clearing out after their holiday sewing projects.

Blog Entries
    I don't think thrift store fabric counts, does it???? After all the reason we're not buying is money and has nothing to do with the fact that all our closets are full, our beds are humped in the middle from all the fabric stuffed underneath, our spare room is stuffed with bins of fabric...oh go buy the thrift store fabric anyway, just use it really quickly!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    I not only slipped off the wagon, it ran over me as I lay gasping on the ground. LOL Lots of fabrics at the thrift store as I guess people are clearing out after their holiday sewing projects.
    Buying fabric from a thrift store is donating to a good cause and recycling too, so that doesn't count at all. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    It will be very hard to stick to your resolution when DH is such an enabler LOL :D:D:D
    Yeah have to agree with that, my DH asked me if I purchased all the fabric I wanted because the price of cotton is going up, I said no, but that's all the bank account would allow...how sad.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7