Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Altos QuiltCut2  Sales?? >

Altos QuiltCut2 Sales??

Altos QuiltCut2 Sales??

Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I bought one from ebay and it was always in my way. I finally put it under my cutting table for months, then sold it for $100 on ebay just to get the cumbersome thing out of my sewing room. I did not like it at all. JMHO!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

When I cut strips then want to cut squares or diamonds from the strips I don't want to move the fabric at all so I move the ruler guide to the opposite channel. It's much easier to walk to the end or the other side of the table and cut the shapes. I could set it longways at the end of a table and only use one end but that's too awkward for me. The demo person said it's better to have access at least on one side and the end. She moved to the end when she started cutting diamonds.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 AM

I guess I didn't realize this unit was so large! Guess I will have to check out the dimensions. Hmmm.......
Old 02-10-2013, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom View Post
Even though I love my new Titanium blade rotary cutter... I am still thinking of purchasing a cutting system to make cutting easier and quicker for the sake of my bad back. I feel the Altos QuiltCut2 system will suit all my cutting needs. I am wondering if this system ever goes on sale...perhaps @ Quilt Shows or Sewing Expo's?? Or does Altos have sales on them?? Seems the only place I can find them for sale is through their website.Thank you for your replies!
This is worth ( IMHO) every penny you pay for it! Their customer service is WONDERFUL....I am really hard on mats - but have not had to replace this one yet ( have had it over 6 years now )......
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 PM

shorebird; Thanks so much for the testimonial. I really feel that for me this system would work perfectly. It's so nice to know that it really is worth it's weight in gold!!

I checked on the size of the unit and for me I think it will work just fine. It's actually smaller than my cutting mat so I feel I will gain some space on my cutting table.

Last edited by Divokittysmom; 02-10-2013 at 07:57 PM.